Anointed, Crazy, Overzealous, or Good Acting?

by Tenacious 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I don't believe for a second that the WTS can be God's chosen organization, if he does have an earthly one, especially one with such a hypocritical past. But the question begs; why are there people professing having the heavenly calling usually found in the WTS?

Does anyone know or have heard of other denominations having the genuine heavenly calling?

I have heard that the heavenly calling is an "intense and overwhelming feeling of wanting to be with God and not on earth".

• steve2
    steve2
    Have you grasped how easily delusion wraps itself barnacle-like around religiosity? The world is brim-full of people who believe with utter conviction the most God-stupid ideas imaginable. You could ask your questions of the leadership of any organized religious group.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

why are there people professing having the heavenly calling usually found in the WTS?

For the same reason this person believes he is a leopard. Image result for a nut pic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0rdZk4naYo

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have been thinking about this and I think that some people are praying so much that they are entering a meditative state. Meditation can cause a release in endorphins, the feel good hormones, and some people in very deep meditation can have an altered state of consciousness. Naturally since they are religious they associate these feelings with being from Jehovah.

I believe that is also what happens to people in Pentecostal religions, they expect to speak in tongues, so that is the direction it takes for them.

I meditate, and do feel a mild euphoria and increased focus, but not an altered consciousness. I don't know if I am not doing it enough or if I am not the kind of person that experiences this

• Virran
    Virran

I've always wondered why, if one believes in God, wouldn't you want to be with God. Right where he is. I mean, wherever that is, it must be pretty fantastic. Anything that's good enough for God must be crazy awesome for us? Also, wouldn't you want to see God? Who doesn't wish to ever see or be close to ones Father?

The GB are just those wolves in sheeps clothing the bible talks about, that will try to close the heavens for everyone else.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    steve2 - The world is brim-full of people who believe with utter conviction the most God-stupid ideas imaginable.

Yep. Been there, done that. Got the scars to prove it.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

I just find it odd that out of the 8 million + that attended the memorial almost 14,000 of these would take a sip and a bite.

Mildly meditating can only do so much for a person. Deep meditation can certainly bring about an almost euphoric peaceful state.

Speaking in tongues and yet teaching biblical falsities is not from God so I would rule the Pentis out.

That still leaves the 14k and counting.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Good post... Here is one perspective...

My Mother started partaking about 33 years ago. My Mother is a very creative, intelligent, and emotional person. She puts her whole heart and mind into everything she does. And, most importantly, she needs to feel "special". I think being anointed is sometimes a "personality" type. If she was in a different religion she would probably speak in tongues, handle snakes, or some other thing. In addition, once she started partaking a number of other people started partaking for some time. Kind of like "anointed fever". It was absolutely bizarre to watch.

On a side note, at the time she started partaking, it was almost considered a sign of insanity (possibly apostasy) that someone so young could partake. We were treated pretty badly by others in the KH. Ironically, she is now older than almost all of the GB members that partake.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    We were treated pretty badly by others in the KH.

Yep, that sounds about right. If her partaking did not fit in with the current WTS narrative I can definitely see this.

I'm sorry you had to experience this. These maggots think they have the right to dictate someone else's spirituality.

I haven't really had anyone answer with any real substance to my question. I find it very striking that these people would "feel" the need to partake. And they happen to be JW's.

• R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

Jesus never spoke of such a thing and we never see his disciples speaking of such a thing.

There was not centralized earthly entity in which Christs disciples would be taught. In fact, Christ said that "he" is the way, not any human or religious organization.

The Apostles understood this well as Paul states at Hebrews 13:13-14 said that no such "city" (organization) had arrived yet. That we await its coming.

Let us, then, go forth to him outside the camp, bearing the reproach he bore, or we do not have here a city that continues, but we are earnestly seeking the one to come.

Notice that we are not told to go INTO or to join a city (organization), but rather GO OUT TO where Christ suffered. Christ had no place of organization (city) to go into and neither would his disciples until his kingdom of 1000 years would arrive. Christs kingdom is yet future. If it was here at present, Jesus promised a condemned man - now dead more than 2000 years - that he would be in that kingdom. Where is he? Certainly he would have something to say. Well, that man is still in his grave awaiting that promise. (John 5:28-29)

There is no earthly organization, no 144000, no 666, no wild beast, no good news message, etc as these things have not arrived yet. The figs on the trees are not ripe yet. This is not the season or time period Christ was referring to. He was referring to the time period AFTER his 1000 year kingdom would end and Satan is released from his prison. Plus, God's kingdom will not come down to the earth until after Christs 1000 year kingdom ends and Satan's wild beast ascends, is established on the earth, runs it course and then ends. (Rev 20:6-8 and Rev 21:1-2)

The WTBTS and other so-called Christian organizations have completely misled the world and has created their own prophetic time-tables and millions have subscribed to them.

Yet, Jesus was clear about what he said at Matthew 24:42:

Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.
    Unfortunately the Watch Tower organization has not listened to the Master and HAS published a date, 1914. Essentially thumbing its finger at The Most High and His Son by stating that they KNOW! They know what Christ says that he does not know nor the angels. (Matthew 24:36 and Acts 1:7)
    The WT has really called Christ a liar and false without actually saying it. It's 1914 teaching has completely fallen on its face and failed. Yet, it is a teaching upon which all prophetic teachings on the WT are built upon. It is a house of cards that has crashed and it has not recognized that it has crashed. (This is called being in denial for being spiritually drunk).
    All of that "partaking" stuff is a control mechanism to fulfill a WT prophecy that there are anointed chosen ones today and that they reside with the WTBTS. It is all a ruse and a lie.
    The arrival of the 144000 or a remnant thereof has not occurred yet. This must be seriously considered. One should not believe that they have been around because the Watch Tower organization says so.
    The key: Is understanding that the "Revelation by Jesus Christ that God gave him" has not had a start at being fulfilled. That book is all about the events that will occur AFTER Christs 1000 year kingdom ends and Satan is released from the abyss. That is what Christ by:
    to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. (Rev 1:1)
    "Shortly take place" AFTER his paradise 1000 year kingdom over the earth ENDS.
    That is why his disciples asked him the question at Matthew 24:3:
    When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things.
    They were not asking Jesus about the end of THIS world, but the ending of his future 1000 year kingdom! Why? Because they knew that ALL of mankind (even them) would be resurrected into it and would be interested in its ending because Satan would be released!
    Since all of Christ slaves would be together in those future days, it is how Jesus could show "his slaves" - all of them - who would then be alive because of being resurrected, "The things that must shortly take place."
    The world today is trying to make the events of a very distant future fit into our time period today. It is the wrong time period!
    While the world looks at many events (SIGNS), Jesus said there would be no signs. He said there would be a SIGN. (Matthew 24:30)
    That sign would not be seen on earth by any human. But would be seen "in heaven." A place no human on earth can look into.
    That sign will be witnessed by all of the angelic host including Satan. What is that sign? The coronation of Christ as earth's king. No human has been invited to that event.
    That is why Christ could say at Matthew 24:42: "YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming."
    No human will see that sign to know when it has occurred.
    It is only when the dead live again will the world "see" that he has returned and has begun to rule his kingdom.
    The WT has it all wrong. The Governing Body are intelligent men. They have to know this. But pride in admitting gross error prevents them from saying anything. It could be too costly and many would lose faith and confidence in "The organization" and leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit