Prince married Toronto JW woman?

by comment 14 Replies latest jw friends

• comment
    comment

This may be old news, and it's not something that holds incredible interest for me, but I thought someone on the board might know this Manuella Testolini. I found this through a search engine at WorldNews.com.

http://www.canada.com/vancouver/theprovince/story.asp?id={79EA5618-B49F-4515-B22B-3ECFE8ADF2E7}

Prince show a mystery

The only sure thing about artist's cross-Canada tour is that it will be unpredictable

Sorelle Saidman

The Province

Monday, May 27, 2002

Fans will reign supreme when Prince and the New Power Generation hit the Orpheum tomorrow for the first stop on a cross-Canada tour. But it won't be business as usual for the music industry.

The artist currently known as Prince is making it very clear he has no interest in stoking the star-making machinery but he will, however, be giving his true fans one "heck" of a show.

The purple one, who announced the One Night Alone With Prince Canadian tour just six days ahead of this concert, gave a two-day ticketing head start to members of his New Power Generation Music Club. He is also inviting them to the soundcheck and quite possibly an after-show nightclub party. A clubber or two may even be invited on stage for a personal serenade.

Members pay an annual fee of $100 US for the privilege in addition to paying for the pricey tickets. They also have the option of buying exclusive music, including a One Night Alone CD. Once the Canadian tour wraps up later in June, the artist will be throwing a Seven Nights Alone all-star party at his Paisley Park studio in Minneapolis just for members.

In contrast, not only will he not talk to the media, he won't even issue them review tickets. The media will still fare better than the record label reps, though, as they may not be let in at all. Even the promoter is going to take a hit courtesy of an anti-corporate video playing in the background if the past tour is any indication.

The artist dislikes the business to the extent of writing "Slave" on his face in reference to his seemingly lucrative old contract with Warner Bros and reportedly canceling a tour, including last year's very briefly scheduled cross-Canada jaunt, in order not to inadvertently help promote a compilation CD issued by that label. He also once changed his name to an unpronounceable symbol to protest a publishing contract which has now expired.

And, he's been railing against corporate radio. The video targets Clear Channel because the promotion company also owns the largest chain of radio stations on the continent.

Prince currently does most of his business through his own company, Paisley Park Productions, on the Internet.

The only sure thing about the Prince show is that it will be unpredictable.

If recent history repeats itself, ticket buyers should get their money's worth at least musically, although those expecting the mega-staging of the Purple Rain tour or a greatest hits redux may be disappointed. The artist has been travelling with a stripped-down, bare-bones show and no set list. That said, at one recent appearance, Prince told fans not to expect "Purple Rain" and then played it anyway.

Tracks from last year's The Rainbow Children album will be represented but the rest is a crap shoot, although songs with profanity won't be included -- he's now a Jehovah's Witness. (Stalkers may want to check out a few services around town; he's been rumoured to make such appearances in other cities).

It's not clear who will be performing as the New Power Generation -- the promoter didn't even know ("His people are very hard to get a hold of," said Clear Channel's Trisha Soper).

Sales were brisk the first day but the concert has not sold out, although it is expected to do so before showtime, if not earlier.

Prince is particularly interested in Canada these days. He apparently married Canadian Manuella Testolini at a Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii New Years Eve, which explained his frequent trips to Toronto last year and the purchase of a $5.5-million home in that city's posh Bridal Path area by Testolini under the corporate name Gamillah Holdings, the title of a Prince song.

IN CONCERT

Prince

Where: Orpheum Theatre

When: Tomorrow, 8 p.m.

Tickets: $99, $150 at Ticketmaster

comment

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

I wonder if Prince and his bride watched DATELINE, now that would be something to sing about?!!

SUSCARRA

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

the WTBS appoves of all of this, wow what is happening??

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

He must fling a lot of money in their general direction!

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

I was just listening to Prince's 'International Lover" this morning and wondering where he was channeling all of that suppressed sexual energy. As you may know, the 1st law of thermodynamics states that energy is neither created nor destroyed but remains constant. So I knew it would be a matter of a small amount of time before that sexual energy would be directed elsewhere.

I surely hope that the jws he studied with gave him a true picture of what a typical jw sex life is like oe else he is in for quite a letdown.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Too funny, yrs2long!

He studied with singer Larry Graham. After marrying that hot young wife (I have no doubt she's a knockout) and finding out what he can't do, I bet he wants to beat Larry Graham over the head with a guitar!

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Hmmm,

She's 24 and here's the 'big' guy and his bride

well, heres the link to their pic, anyway

http://www.princefams.com/galleries/princepics/pics.htm and for more of them together:

http://www.princefams.com/galleries/princepics/princepics.htm

Are they at an assembly? And iIs she really a witness, what with the way she is dressed?

• Realist
    Realist

has anyone noticed that the few man (certainly not more that 30% of all witnesses) were dragged into this rediculous organization by their wifes???

• LB
    LB

Pretty short skirt for a sister wouldn't you say??

But of course I approve

Maybe he brought her in??

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• professor
    professor

I still can't believe it even though I keep hearing it over and over. My sister is DF'd for smoking a cigarrette and then Prince walks in and can still do his "worldly" music. What the fock? Is he baptized?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit