Christmas Eve Afternoon

by Joe Grundy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Well, it's Christmas Eve afternoon here now in the UK.

Traditionally a time when all the panic shopping is over, what's done is done, what you've forgotten you've forgotten, time to raise a glass (or two) and relax.

So may I wish all members/readers/posters a very happy Xmas, whether you celebrate it or not, and extra 'get up and go' for 2015.

Best wishes to all.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Joe, it is Christmas Eve Morning here in Ontario, Canada. I have to work this morning but have the afternoon off.

Just wanted to say you're a stand up guy for what you did for Pam's Girl.

I wish you all the best over the holidays and in the New Year.

No one deserves it more than you.

• carla
    carla

Merry Christmas! enjoy the holiday

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

having a port

• zeb
    zeb

2040h in australia cheers

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Joe, have a great Christmas yourself !

And may all on JWN have a great time in your own way, and a wonderful 2015 !

Is it BeerO'clock yet ?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Heaven: thanks for your comments. Anyone would have done the same. There is a trendous amount of strength and caring here on JWN, available unconditionally where and when it is needed.

Phizzy: Cheers - yes it is. A bottle of Old Speckled Hen is going down very well here. I have a couple more, then I may have to force myself to walk a couple of hundred yards to the Cricket Club ...

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Happy Yuletime to you also, and to all here. Eat, drink and be merry as we have a long winter ahead of us.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

WOW!

2015 is "right around the corner" just like the big A was "right around the corner"-----40 friggin' years ago! Hard to imagine that we bought into the "new world hoax". But we did and now we have the rest of our life to make ammends for our folly and enjoy 'the real life'. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. (God that feels good to use those sayings!)

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

I'd like to expand on my own previous comments, if I may.

Here on JWN there are often very different views expressed (sometimes not so tactfully) and sometimes hackles are roused.

But, in the overall scheme of things I like to think that there is a fundamental sense of goodwill, and a substantial bank of practical help, available to those who need it. Sometimes, of course, people who may need it have been directly damaged by WTBTS. In other cases the cause of the damage is more tangential.

I believe that the 'well of goodwill' (sorry if that sounds a bit soppy but it's been exhibited here many times by so many posters) is a substantial thing which I, for one, appreciate.

I believe (as as a never-was dub) that this goodwill may be the most potent force in helping those suffering from the effects of WTBTS to realise that those of us in the 'real world' aren't so bad.

Sorry, that was a clumsy way to say what I'm trying to put across.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit