Public Speaker Training stifled by wt, it's new 'school' programme.

by prologos 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    After the book study was combined with the midweek meeting I felt like meetings were similar to speed dating...five minutes and you move on to another subject. There was no time to meditate on or cover in depth the information. Assemblies were just the same. It all became meaningless.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Talk No. 1 (reading) used to have a brief introduction and conclusion. Some years ago even this was removed so it is a case of stand up and read 10 or 12 verses and sit down again.  Needless to say this is almost invariably assigned to children in my congregation.

George

• prologos
    prologos

St George, yea, Jesus was at least allowed a comment after his reading in the synagogue, but

for 'True Christians" like him in the kh ?,- no more. Worse, in 2015,

the older Children that could give a No.3 talk are now for all practical purposes  barred from that too, with advanced demos planned.

WT is smothering, stifling it's young.  

• DJS
    DJS

St. George of England,

The changes to the school you describe occurred when I was the school overseer (and during the period I was becoming nauseated by the Dark Lords). No one who really wanted the 'school' to be a school and actually teach individuals to speak would craft the no. 1 talk bible reading in the manner they did, simply reading the scriptures without any time to develop an interesting introduction, conclusion or mid-point talking points.

This 'simple' change made me see red and despise the Dark Lords even more, believe it or not. It was simply a desire for more control, which is what was driving me from the cult. I shared my disgust with an elder or two; they agreed but said the same brain dead thing as usual, that the Gov. Body must know best. 

Another brick in the wall.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

The GB are so out of touch with reality, they don't have a clue what teenagers want or need

I think it's the opposite. The last 2 decades have seen an enormous majority of youth abandon the BOrg as teenagers and young adults

the GB is reacting out of necessity. They have to retain youth and more specifically young men

without them they will bleed dry. We will see the results of this in about 10 years time. 

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The new TMS schedule will have NO effect on Public Speakers.

I never saw a good Public Speaker as a result of the person being in the TMS.

IMO, a speaker who can really capture an audience has a natural gift that he did not "learn" from a book.

If you doubt me, go to the meeting next Sunday.  That guy on stage has likely been in the TMS from the time he was 5 or 6. Still, I'm betting that I've got 95% likelihood that he will be a crappy, boring public speaker. Because the vast majority of the "gifted" men have jumped ship.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit