Public Speaker Training stifled by wt, it's new 'school' programme.

by prologos 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

The 2015 school setup, discussed this week eliminates the last "school talk" by brothers in favour of 'demonstartions" (a la sisters conversations) of family worship sessions and the like.

Is this not a shift away from encouraging bright young ones to hone their (under-estimated) speaker skills ---to

now using more of the die-hard, org-bound, --even elders in indoctrination demonstrations?

do you see this trend? and

bible reading down to 3 minutes?

Bible high lights down to one high lite and 3 minutes?

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

Get away from reading scripture. Get closer to reading 'spiritual junk food'

• zeb
    zeb

It is a further demonstration of the wts becoming more and more centralised. I saw it years ago when answering the wt meant quoting the paragraph as written. then, they loosened up and said use your own experiences then as the world and all those terrible law suits have closed in its back to quoting the 'party-line'.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

As I was saying to my better half yesterday, every sister who participates in the Theocratic Ministry School is carrying out a teaching assignment in the congregation - contrary to Paul's words at 1 Cor. 14:34.

Begs the question - why can't sisters read the Watchtower, CBS book, give Public Talks, etc. (not to mention mikes, literature counter, et al)

So much for the headship arrangement within the congregation.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

bible reading down to 3 minutes?

It's all a part of the new streamlined WT. Less Bible reading means more time to talk about WT.

• carla
    carla

3 minutes? out of a whole meeting? This is the mid week meeting? Are you kidding?! my jw is gone for about 2 1/2 hours or more and out of that time there is only going to be 3 minutes of actual bible scripture included? even if it is the perverted 'New New World Translation'. Will any jw notice this?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Will any jw notice this?

NO.

They only thing they will notice is that there is only ONE mid-week meeting now, (YEAH!!!!) and the meetings or shorter in length (YEAH!!!!).

Doc

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Awesome!! I won't have to worry about any Eldubs asking me to give a number 3 assignment. I have zero assignments of course, which is how I like it. If I skip a few meetings now and then, turn down the occasional bible reading or don't show, it won't be long before they stop asking.

The WTBTS wants JWs to preach JW.Org, not the good news. The dubs need to keep up with the rebranding of Jeehoobies chariot! Let's limit public speaking ( let's face it, they read a manuscript talk at conventions anyway...) and focus on marketing techniques! The LAST thing the WTBTS wants is for JWs to actually study the Bible.

DD

• sir82
    sir82

The 2015 school setup, discussed this week eliminates the last "school talk" by brothers in favour of 'demonstartions"

Only part of the time. Some of the "last talk" assignments are still stand-up, address the audience type talks.

It depends on the source material for that talk. If taken from the "Insight" book, it's a stand-up talk.

• 88JM
    88JM

Ironically, I dare say you'd hear longer passages of scripture read at one of "Christendom's" churches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit