From 1 to 10, how do you rate the value of the Internet in your awakening?

by Hidden-Window 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Zero for me. 20 years of marriage to a very well respected elder that loved his position at all costs. Every time he stepped foot on stage, it was as if I had X-ray vision into the corruption of the organization. I would seethe with anger at the audacity of this man and his horrendous religion.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I would put it at about 6. Much of my initial research happened at the library. Seemed "safer" because it wasn't the Internet!

What sites like this ans jwfacts did for me was validate that I wasn't crazy - - there are other people out there thinking the same as me.

I give sites like "six screens" and other "christian-ish" sites minuses. . . . . terrible. They embody everything the WT tells you about apostates on the Internet.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

definately 10

• whathappened
    whathappened

8 or 9

• zed revisited
  • Old Goat
    Old Goat

0. I started fading when the Internet was new. The behaviors of by so-called brothers killed my faith in the Watchtower. If you foster bad behavior; if you encourage it, then you're not God's organization.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Damn straight Old Goat!

That was the first crack I saw. I finally said to myself - if this was a company I would blame the management. I then blamed the GB for the power tripped assholes in the congregations. I went to the internet then and started searching.

-TE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit