Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any U.S. religion

by new light 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Low retention rate among JWs?

"I point the blame squarely at tight pants!" -- ToMo3

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any U.S. religion - of course they do. The WTS is, let's face it, a crap religion - right up there with Mormonism and Islam in terms of harsh doctrines and boring worship.

If people insist on being religious, why not embrace Hinduism? With its umpteen deities and colourful festivals people could really push the boat out.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes LUHE ! I love that Festival where the Hindus cover each other and the whole Town in variety of colourful spice powders ! That looks super fun !

Many years ago I asked an Elder why the Borg simply did not care about all those that slipped away, he had no answer.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

So only 37% retention rate. Now I know from experience that many who still identify themselves as dubs are totally inactive but still mentally in. So what's the real percentage of those that are still in and active?

It's also interesting to note that the wits make up only .7% of those that identify as christian. A truly marginalized cult.

• Raton
    Raton

There is probably no way of knowing but I am with ctrwtf. I wish we could know what the retention rate would be without shunning and things. And, why am I stuck with one of the 37%?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs seem to be able to retain an awful lot of BS.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

bad news is that they'll take that as a sign that they have the truth....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

picard - "bad news is that they'll take that as a sign that they have the truth...."

More Bible studies = The Truth.

Less Bible studies = The Truth.

Door-to-door intead of TV = The Truth.

JWTV broadcasts = The Truth.

Respected by the World = The Truth.

Hated by the World = The Truth.

Changing doctrine = The Truth.

Keeping doctrine = The Truth.

Etc., etc...

Basically everything confirms that they have The Truth, even stuff that contradicts other stuff.

Sometimes I even think that if the GB even went on TV renouncing the WTS and dissolving the Org, the loyalist R&F would still somehow think it was The Truth.

• LV101
    LV101

GTTM - ditto - I hate it, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit