JW.bore invades my vacation?!?

by darth frosty 34 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Just got back from a cruise and dubs were walking around the boat faithfully wearing their JW.bore pins SMDH. Than at cozumel I saw these lovely sisters

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Darth:

Kindly enlarge upon this:

SMDH than at cozumel I saw these lovely sisters

I don't get it.

Thanks!

CoCo

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Shaking my damn head at them wearing pins to promote the website. the sisters were set up right outside the cruise terminal just by the gift shop areas. They were just standing there chatting with each other.

I added some needed punctuation to help out.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

2 things about the bore site that bug/piss me off:

1st the ease with which they have adopted it as a symbol

2nd the lazyness IMO it gives to the streetwork/preaching. I came up in the era that you were not preaching unless you were approaching people. Had one CO squeeky clean smith who felt that the only feild time that should be counted is when you are actually talking to someone?!?

No kidding this cat wanted you to count actual engagements instead of just blocks of time.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Darth!

That helps, And Cozumel is a location . . .

I, too, shake my head. Times are so different, even in JW Land.

Hope you had a good time.

When I pioneered 45 years ago in the midwest USA, we drove hours a day between farm communities and isolated homes on rural highways. I asked outr CO, Harold Lackey, how to count time because there were stretches of time when we talked to no one. He said that if we started at 9 AM and finished at 5 PM, subtract one hour for lunch and count 7 hours FST.

I liked that man.

CC

• tiki
    tiki

well Darth.....if that CO had his way the numbers would take one massive hit. I do recall hearing that theory bantered about though.....and technically it is accurate - it's the actual one-on-one that counts (if you believe that way, that is...)

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Question: Are the women in the photo with the JW set-up, were they local JW's, or did they get off the cruise ship and set it up?

Reason I ask is simple, and think about this con!!!! You are a JW. You go on a cruise as a nice vacation. So what do you do? You wear your stupid JW.org pin on your clothing the whole trip. Then, at ports of call you drag out this literature cart and set it up on your way out for the day for your excursions. At the end of the day, you pack it back up into it's wheeled dolly and get back on the ship and leave. Now get this.....you count the ENTIRE trip, the ENTIRE vacation, as "Field Service Time" because you were "representing Jehovah." And if anyone was gullible enough to take any of the tracts you had sitting out, well then you get to count placements too.....for doing absolutely NOTHING!

^^^ That right there, would be pure genius. And honestly, I think that might be what happened cause I remember you said they were on the ship wearing their pins. UGH!!! Probably drinking booze like water too while wearing the pins! Ha!

I've been to Cozumel and took the 2.5 hr bus ride into Chitzen Itza and visited the ruins for a day.

- Wing Commander

• tiki
    tiki

WC - wouldn't that be pretty miserable having to heft that cart thingie around? If you have to fly to the port, you have to get it on the plane - then onto the ship, into your stateroom.....it looks to me like that would be pretty awkward. Maybe they are constructed so they fold up really small and neat. oh well!

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

the one on the left is my favourite one

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'm shocked at the brazen display of toe cleavage!

Seriously, they look very pleasant and friendly. Just two friends out doing what they believe they oughta on a beautiful day. Too bad they've been deluded into serving a mind-control cult. Such a waste of time and energy.

Hope you had a good time on your cruise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit