Ever notice how JW's can attend a talk or Convention and remember nothing?

by Wasanelder Once 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

I was at one public talk about cleanliness where the elder delivering it went off the outline to chastise his wife for not keeping a clean house. I mentioned it to one of the brothers after the meeting and he told me he never heard it. I don't know if he wasn't listening or subconsciously blocked it from his memory.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

At least most dubs remember to nod in unison (or applaud) whenever a speaker raises his voice or asks a rhetorical question...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

My wife didn't even hear TOMO's comments about inactive ones being marked for death. I guess dubs are so enraptured by the GB that their brains shutdown.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is hard to single out any one of the talks when they are all essentially the same. When they all follow the "Our first parents were perfect, they willfully sinned at the insistence of Satan (a blasphemy, since Satan merely wanted to set them straight after joke-hova set them on the path to slavery), we all grow old and die because of that "sin", and that jesus thing supposedly died so we could be set free from that sin" crap, you cannot single out any one of them. And now they are even more identical, since there is no room to develop anything aside from the way the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger instructed.

I myself almost never remember any of the boasting sessions as standing out content-wise, aside from the first few. It is mostly the little things, which they are working so hard to remove, that separate one from others. Seeing someone screw up on a talk, having something running way undertime, noting a family where the children have almost nothing to play with (and it is blatantly obvious just by observing them while at the Grand Boasting Session that they are lacking toys), and the time where the speaker showed up late or they hit the wrong button or put the wrong CD in the machine stand out more. At least with astrology, things become clearer as the aspect approaches, then progresses. And with the hyperinflation scene, I can predict what they are going to do to hide it from people, and then I can do something to protect myself. Can you do something to protect yourself from joke-hova's wrath when joke-hova wants you scared?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes, I have noticed they ignore what I would consider to be important points and twist other things,

so much so that it leaves me wondering if we were at the same meeting/convention.

Perception is reality I suppose.

Most do not care àbout the specifics, it's more important to concentrate on the entertainment news.

• laverite
    laverite

"The talk was so uplifting! So ecouraging. What a find provision from JEEEhOvah."

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Zoned out mostly and thinking about the tv programs I was missing. At the middle song I always used to go to the toilet just so I could walk and stretch my legs. The last couple assemblies I would sit by myself just so I could drive off when the session started and be back before lunch time to check for hot sisters. Needless to say I'm still single so that didn't work either.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is so very true ,

I was a witness for 33 years , attended many district , circuit , national , and international conventions / assemblys over 20 years ago , and I cant remember anything that was ever said.

smiddy

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Kind a like "The blind leading the blind"........Really f'd up people. Pisses me off tremendously how they fuck up so many peoples lives in the process.

• prologos
    prologos

The most painful parts are the "service meeting" recapulations of the assembly days, note books flipping.

remember the odd Illustrations, often leading to odd conclusions when really yjought through to the bitter end, and

always felt like I had been beaten with rods, from the guilt tripping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit