UNCONFIRMED RUMOUR - GB Member DF

by notsurewheretogo 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

@OneEyedJack...I made the opening post in full disclosure that it was a rumour on Reddit unconfirmed.

My post was to discuss what effect it would have on dubs still in if it were true.

I even post in my opening post that I suspect it is not true...

How clear do you want me to be?

• compound complex
    compound complex

I prefer my tautologies to be as taut as possible, but that's not taught in school . . .

CC

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

And I also laugh at these types of posts putting off still-in dubs...have you seen the amount of nutballs on these forums? Jeepers...

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

@ NSW2G

"My post was to discuss what effect it would have on dubs still in if it were true. "

Well, I believe that they would start by saying, "you see, it can even happen to one of the GB. The Bible says, "let he that is standing beware that he does not fall."

or

"Looks like Jehovah is performing a sifting work even in our time..."

or

"I knew that guy was kind of flakey, he probably had tight pants, colorful socks, SPANXX, and a wife that he couldn't pick up."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Be wasn't dfd he was raptured.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A tautology is a tautology...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Well, true, or not, nothing surprises me anymore. The GB members may appear that they united, but you can be sure that inside they have disunity. I can see one day perhaps 1 or a few may be announced as, No longer a Member of the GB

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

IF a GB member were removed/DFed the RandF would respond the same way they did with R Franz. The WTBT$ would publically demonize the infidel as being overcome by Satan and then stress the need to stay even closer to Jehovah/b0rg. Another campaign against reading ANY apostate material would ensue in an attempt to instill fear into the dubs. Some would leave, but most would be even more resolved to stay "faithful". I was one of the fearful who refused to be shaken by the departure of R Franz or read COC. Remember, most JWs looked at this as yet another "test of faith" and stayed including many on this board. The only difference now is that the internet provides instant information to those with questions so possibly more would leave this time.

• steve2
    steve2

Edited: far be it from me to tautologize, but my earlier comments were found to be tautological, repeat tautological. I think this has been stretched as taut as it can go and I consider the lesson well taught.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Opposition groups (such as we are) always thrive on rumour, as they react to an agenda set by their former colleagues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit