JW's donations going to sexual abuse cases?

by Ginx 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Ginx
    Ginx

Wow, that's sickening.

Thank you for sending me that copy.

He's totally unaware of the money being used for this. Should I share this copy with him? My concerns: it talks about protecting the children, etc, yet in reality that's not what they do.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There are so many cases that are well documented from various news sources that it would be hard to pretend it's some apostate conspiracy, but don't be surprised if he doesn't believe it. It's hard to take in for the average JW, they have been led to believe it doesn't happen in their spiritual paradise, so not only do they have a problem, but they have been kept in the dark about it, it has got to shake you faith a bit. If you asked any JW if the funds contributed to the "worldwide work" go to paying off child abuse victims they would flatly deny it.

You might just say you heard about it and want to know from him if it's true. If he tries to prove its a lie he won't be able to.

The Mormon church is running into similar problems, they recently came clean that Joseph Smith had multiple wives, something they had always denied. It was getting to where so many people knew the truth they had to admit it.

The internet is hard on cults.

• Ginx
    Ginx

The internet is hard on lies regarding all aspects of things for sure.

LisaRose, he was sexually abused by a JW... Got to a point of reaching out to silentlambs for a lawsuit. Then backed out. It's hard for me to grasp why he would go back. He's inactive now.

• Ginx
    Ginx

Why is the "light getting brighter and brighter" and doctrines being flipped back and forth, yet the WTS policy on sexual abuse staying the same. Why wouldn't their Jehovah provide "new light" on what's damaging their children?

• smiddy
    smiddy

"how many years ago the sin occurred" ,did you notice that ? ( not how many years ago the CRIME occured) .Very telling if you ask me.

smiddy

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

They need men to keep their org running. Free workers are more important to them then children, plain in simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit