JW's donations going to sexual abuse cases?

by Ginx 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Ginx
    Ginx

I posted in the child abuse section, but it hasn't been active for a few days.

I read somewhere on the internet (don't recall what site it was) that JW's donations are going towards sexual abuse cases.

Is this true?

Where can I find solid evidence regarding this matter?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Solid evidence?

How about common sense for starters.....who pays WT lawyers? Who paid to defend the candace conti case? Who pays legal fees? Where are the millions award to Candace conti coming from? All off this is from your donations.

here are some articles about donations for the WT

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20121201/helping-the-needy/#?insight[search_id]=63ac647d-2013-4cae-8d66-b86578233d07&insight[search_result_index]=10 this one speaks about Christmas and giving to the poor. Notice they bring out how the apostle paul had people put aside money to help THE POOR. BUT the very next sentence the governing body claim that helping to the poor is equivalent to giving money to " to an organization that uses its funds wisely". That's because the WT doesn't give anything to the poor, even it's own members. So in this case, the governing body will wisely be using contribution funds to defend against pedophile lawsuits that may financially hurt them or hurt their image.

THIS is a recent article....http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20141215/jehovah-blesses-willing-spirit/#?insight[search_id]=017dc813-dcd8-457e-80a6-f805e488bad8&insight[search_result_index]=2 Now if you have ever read the bible, you'll know that Apostle Paul tried to work and not have the congregations support him. Also money was set aside for the poor. However this article again uses that to try to get people to put money for them.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/us/28-million-awarded-in-jehovahs-witnesses-abuse-case.html?_r=0

A Northern California jury has awarded $28 million in damages to a woman who said the Jehovah’s Witnesses allowed an adult member of a Fremont, Calif., church to molest her when she was a child.

• Ginx
    Ginx

Thank you for your comments.

The reason I said "solid evidence" isn't because I doubt it... I would like to share this information with an inactive loved one who was sexually abused as a child and it seems without evidence and just words, they wouldn't fully buy it.

I will look into the links...

• smiddy
    smiddy

Ginx

I would like to share this information with an inactive loved one who was sexually abused as a child and it seems without evidence and just words, they wouldn't fully buy it.

Dont take any notice of what the Elders tell your loved one , they will just try to discourage him/her , they have got away with that deflection for years , not any more . Their are at least 20 cases of child sexual abuse currently before the courts against the WT/jehovahs witnesses as we speak in the USA alone , many more in other countrys around the world.

Encourage your loved one to get legal advice , no matter how long ago this abuse took place .

The tide is turning against organisations whether secular or spiritual who have failed to protect those in their care against abuse , sexual or ortherwise .

If you dont speak up nothing will be done .

If you do speak up you have more than a good chance of justice being done.

I hope everything goes well for both of you , but you have to be strong and bite the bullet .

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

ginx - "JW's donations going to sexual abuse cases?"

That, and real estate asset liquidation.

(After all, the GB sure as hell ain't gonna dip into their offshore accounts to pay for 'em...)

smiddy - "The tide is turning against organisations whether secular or spiritual who have failed to protect those in their care against abuse, sexual or ortherwise."

Very true.

And (arguably more importantly), the WTS is the perfect candidate for the legal system to make a public example/object lesson of, too.

x

Funny; even before I'd faded, I'd always thought it would be the failure of its eschatology that would bring the WTS to it's knees.

Although, to be fair, I wasn't aware of the degree to which child abuse was such a problem.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Begging, guilting, and now real estate (payed for by donations) shell game fleecing is their only source of revenue. They are a charity in name only, no help for the poor, sick, or homeless, not even for their own members. Just do a google news search for Jehovah, every second hit is about child molestation and law suits. It's no wonder they are trying to rebrand to jw.org!

• Ginx
    Ginx

He went back a few years ago to a different congregation hoping they would fix it. They didn't, he was distraught. I presented to him at that time the JW sexual abuse data base the WTS has. He drove over the the elders house he was studying with. Angerly knocked on his door asking him about it. It was denied. He stormed off. Left the cult, fell into a depression. He contacted silents lambs, got in touch with Bowan (forgot his first name) and was ready to do a lawsuit. I don't know why he backed out.

He had major guilt over leaving. His father died a year later and out of guilt between their rocky relationship, the JW's convinced him he could mend it if he went back. He went back, did everything, tried his best, prayed to Jehovah over a trigger that was reminding him of sexual abuse, 5 mins later he runs into the JW who sexually abused him at the grocery store. He stroms out, cursing Jehovah and saying nothing he ever does is enough.

He is now inactive, but I believe the programming is there.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Contributions from Jehovah's Witnesses are used to pay child abuse lawsuits.

July 20, 1998 BOE, par.3 states:

" In addition, court officials and lawyers will hold responsible any organization that knowingly appoints former child abusers to positions of trust, if one of these, thereafter, commits a further act of child abuse. This could result in costly lawsuits, involving dedicated funds that should be used to further the Kingdom work."

. scan 10001 .

Atlantis!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Nice, Atlantis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit