YOU KNOW...a moment please?

by FRUSR8TD 12 Replies latest forum announcements

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD
    To date I can honestly boast that my apostate enemies have failed to present any challenge which I have not been able to refute using the word of my God.

OK while I am not an apostate (never set foot in a KH)...I did have a talk with an elder with some evidence that though the GB does not claim to be inspired....they have in FACT done just that. I could see the wheels in his head trying to explain this away as he read it about 15 times over...in the end he just changed the subject in classic JW form. here is what I showed him....

JULY 1 1943 watchtower
    The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practicable by further instructing us through his "fathful and wise servant". He says, 'let us assign the field, the world, to special pioneers, regular pioneers and companies of Jehovah's witnesses in an orderly way, sufficient for everyone to thoroughy witness therein, and let us place upon each one the responsibility of careing for the new world intrests in these respective assignments'. He says the requirements for special pioneers shall be 175 hours and 50 back-calls per month, which should develope into a resonable number of studies; and for regular pioneers 150 hours and as many back-calls and studies as can be properly developed during that time. And for company publishers he says, 'Let us make a quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls and a least one study a week from each publisher.' These directions come to us from the Lord through his established agency directing what is required of us

Notice the places where it says HE SAYS...now I did a search of the bible and NO WHERE can these direcions be found. So if these directions from the Lord are not in the bible...then they MUST be communicated directly...that is called inspired....

the elder I showed this did a lot of stammering and said "Whell what I think they are TRYING to say is..."...I said NO...not trying to say...what they said! Then he gave the old "well this was a long time ago and our understanding has changed" speal. I countered with, It makes no diffrence WHEN this was said...by bible standards this is a claim to insperation! Then you add the fact that the WTBTS has indeed made predictions...(they admit to that, just that they are not inspired)...that have NOT come true. This means that by bible standards they ARE a false prophet! From the very point in time (at the VERY least) that this article came out, until the present, EVERYTHING the WTBTS has said is to be ignored. This is of course what the bible teaches about false prophets. This is where he so aptly changed the subject and I let him because I felt he needed some time to process this. He did say he would get back to me on this, but never did. This has been my experience with EVERY JW I have asked such tough questions as these, NEVER...not once a follow up. So since you seem to have such a good track record on these issues...please tell me;

Does the above information/article prove without a doubt that the WTBTS has indeed made claims to being inspired?

If not, how do you come to that conclusion?

• You Know
    You Know
    Does the above information/article prove without a doubt that the WTBTS has indeed made claims to being inspired?

Briefly, The Watchtower isn't claiming to be inspired, but they are claiming to have authority over God's household. There is a difference. And the having of such authority is scriptural. But, the flip side of that is that Jehovah will hold them accountable. For example, Isaiah 3:12 says: "As for my people, its task assigners are dealing severely..." Now, the issue as far as Jehovah is concerned, is not that there are those who are in the position of task assigners, but rather those who are in that position are dealing harshly with Jehovah's people. / You Know

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

whoa...wait a moment...

HE SAYS in NOT a claim to insparation?

who is HE?

who is HE talking to/through?

Sorry YOU KNOW....seems pretty cut and dry to me!

gonna have to do better than that.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Oh, I gotta hear this one..

Scripturally, point me to the place where you can PROVE that you have authority over God's household...

And, more over, how can authority over his household give you the authority to use HIS name

["Notice the places where it says HE SAYS...now I did a search of the bible and NO WHERE can these direcions be found. So if these directions from the Lord are not in the bible...then they MUST be communicated directly...that is called inspired...."]

Uh, I believe there are bible scriptures that specifically handle people who claim to speak in the name of Jehovah.. I can point them out to you if you wish...

And, while I'm at it, you never did answer my question about the following scripture:

"1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love."

It's from YOUR "get ready to meet god" thread ..

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=28690&site=3

P.S. If you use your word of god, without regaurd to the bible, but just make it up as you go along, then, yeah, I agree... Nothing can be said that you won't be able to refute...

• SYN
    SYN

That is true YouKnow, they ARE dealing harshly with "Jehovah's People".

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

The watchtower quote that FRUS posted is irrefutable proof that the society claims to be inspired. To add insult to injury, they also have the audacity to claim that god told them that there is a quota to be fulfilled by the members. So the god of the watchtower was not concerned about people going hungry or caring for the sick. No, he was much more interested in the number of hours that the publishers put in going from door to door. Some loving god, huh?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

*** Watchtower 1961 July 15 pp.431-2 Become Activated by the Spirit of Jehovah ***
    6 From a study of God's Word one appreciates that Jehovah does not dispense his dynamic energy through just any organization that chooses to label itself religious. Neither does God deal with individuals independently of his own wifely organization, the "mother" of all those dedicated to God. (Gal. 4:26) He has always had His channel of communication on earth through which his spirit operates. Remember how Miriam and Aaron tried to bypass this channel and almost lost their lives as a result? Only after Jesus had been baptized by Jehovah's representative did he receive holy spirit and strength to enable him to do his powerful works. (Num. 12:1-16; Matt. 3:16; Acts 10:38) By and through this holy spirit Jesus aided those associated with him so they could understand the truth, and so they too could receive power to "cure sick people, raise up dead persons, make lepers clean, expel demons." Thus is emphasized the importance of association with Jehovah's organization.-Matt. 10:8; Luke 24:45; 1 Cor. 2:10.
    . http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/channel.htm

Just one of many quotes found on this site. Sounds like they claim inspiration to me.

• larc
    larc

Lilacs,

Yep, that phrase "God's channel of communication" always seemed pretty clear to me. They get their information directly through God. That's what the term means. I don't see how they can get around it.

My father, a nonJW used ask my mom about that. He wanted to know exactly how that worked. He was a very practical man. Well, the whole topic would really get my mother steamed, because she, of course, had no answer.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Here's another gem

*** Watchtower 1967 October 1 p.590 Finding Freedom with Jehovah's Visible Organization ***

Jehovah poured out his spirit upon them and assigned them the responsibility of serving as his sole visible channel, through whom alone spiritual instruction was to come. Those who recognize Jehovah's visible theocratic organization, therefore, must recognize and accept this appointment of the "faithful and discreet slave" and be submissive to it.
    Never ceases to amaze me.
  • Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Has anyone else noted how You Know seems to always mention how the Elder's are going to get judged (for their harshness) and how the so-called Apostates are going to be judged (because they allegedly abandoned Jehovah) but he never seems to mention that he himself will be judged for making all of these claims.
    I am an active JW and, although I am working on exiting the JW organization, You Know has been a big reason why I have no desire to be a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit