A question that bugging me

by wheelwithinwheel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

I HAVE TO WONDER:

WHY IT HAS BEEN DEEMED APPROPRIATE TO ASSIGN BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN EACH INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CITY TO SPEND HOURS AND HOURS MAKING SOUVENIR GRAB BAGS FULL OF KNICK-KNACKS

I HAVE TO WONDER:
WHY IT HAS BEEN DEEMED APPROPRIATE TO ASSIGN BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN EACH INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION CITY TO SPEND HOURS AND HOURS  MAKING SOUVENIR GRAB BAGS FULL OF KNICK-KNACKS

AND TO ASSIGN OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO SPEND HOURS AND HOURS PREPARING CHOREOGRAPHY, MUSIC, LIGHTING, COSTUMES AND PROPS, AND PRACTICING AND PRACTICING COWBOY SONGS, POP MUSIC, DANCE AND JW.ORG SKITS.

AND TO ASSIGN OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO SPEND HOURS AND HOURS PREPARING COREOGRAPHY, MUSIC, LIGHTING, COSTUMES AND PROPS, AND PRACTICING AND PRACTICING COWBOY SONGS, POP MUSIC, DANCE AND JW.ORG SKITS.

AND TO ASSIGN OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO SPEND HOURS AND HOURS CONSTRUCTING GIANT BIBLES POPPING OUT OF JW.ORG BOXES AND GIANT BIBLES TURNING INTO BAPTISMAL POOLS.

AND TO ASSIGN OTHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS TO SPEND HOURS AND HOURS CONSTRUCTING GIANT BIBLES POPPING OUT OF JW.ORG BOXES AND GIANT BIBLES TURNING INTO BAPTISMAL POOLS.

AND ALL THIS TIME, EFFORT AND MONEY ARE BEING DEVOTED, NOT FOR BROTHERS IN NEED, BUT SIMPLY TO ENTERTAIN INTERNATIONAL DELEGATES WHO HAVE THE MEANS TO FLY ALL AROUND THE PLANET.

WHEN THE CONSTANT MESSAGE WE HEAR LOCALLY FROM THE GOVERNING BODY IS: THE TIME IS SHORT AND EVERYONE SHOULD DEVOTING EVERY SPARE MOMENT TO THE PIONEER SERVICE TO BE SURE THAT NO RIGHTEOUS PERSON WILL BE DESTROYED.

WHEN THE CONSTANT MESSAGE WE HEAR LOCALLY FROM THE GOVERNING BODY IS: THE TIME IS SHORT AND EVERYONE SHOULD DEVOTING EVERY SPARE MOMENT TO THE PIONEER SERVICE TO BE SURE THAT NO RIGHTEOUS PERSON WILL BE DESTROYED.

AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING SOME INCONSISTANCY HERE?

• sir82
    sir82

You are clearly thinking too much, you'll never be a good JW.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

there was an article on jwsurvey about this very inconsistency. It's clearly hypocritical of them, but the reason is clear - international delegates pay a premium to the WTS to go to these things, so they have to make sure that they're entertained. Since serve-us is just to keep the r/f busy anyway, they see no problem with redirecting them to helping them make money in a more direct way since it'll still keep them busy.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT does this...because Jesus did all those things too.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's called "Busy Work". Keep the sheeples busy with inane tasks and hopefully they will be too busy to begin critically analyzing the Borg.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I still get a weird-ass "desperation" vibe from all this.

It's like the WTS JW.org is increasingly dipping it's toes into the megachurch/evangelical arena-revival pond....

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The WT is playing a huge 'reverse psychology' ploy. Instead of being quiet about 100 years since 1914 and nothing happened it's, "LETS CELEBRATE 100 YEARS OF CHRISTS RULE!!!" and before they can even think about it, it's JW.ORG KNICKNACKS, pentacostal dancing in the KH's to 'worldly music', JW tv show, tons of information and changes overload so 2014 passes without question and by 2015, 2014 is old news.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

We used to always hear the word...SIMPLIFY....

You should be pioneering.....SIMPLIFY

Your marriage is on the rocks...SIMPLIFY

You got financial troubles....SIMPLIFY

Your kids are unruly....SIMPLIFY

I dont hear it much anymore....

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Oh, by the way, because these are related to "spiritual" pursuits...I am sure they all got to count their time...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

EndofMysteries - "The WT is playing a huge 'reverse psychology' ploy."

Yup, that aspect actually seems to be working, too.

Credit where credit's due.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit