Do you believe that we are living in the last days, and why?

by new light 31 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

Hi. It has been a long time.

Thanks to JW.org, I was reading some JW material (What Does the Bible Teach I believe). It was the first time reading a "book study" book in many years and I was blown away by the controlling, cultish writing. This question especially struck me as manipulative: Do you believe that we are living in the last days, and why?

A question that was not framed for the purpose of shaping your thoughts would have ended with "why or why not." The only way to correctly answer the JW framed question is to say you believe first, because it ends only with "and why."

The longer I am away, the more sinister this organization seems.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Good observation. It's the same when they ask," Why do you believe we have the truth?" Also, no. I don't believe we are in the last days. There is no evidence, just assertions and guesswork.

DD

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Once you realise that people all thru history have believed they were living in the last days, it kind of takes the gloss off it....

• Island Man
    Island Man

From a biblical perspective, yes. The bible indicates that the last days began in the first century. In Acts 2, Peter quotes from the book of Joel where it talks about young men and young women prophesying and the moon turning to blood. That prophecy says those things will happen in the last days. Peter quoted from it and applied it to events that happened on the day of Pentecost when they all spoke in tongues. So this shows that the last days began in the first century.

But from a reality perspective, no, I don't belieive we're in the last days. According to the bible, the end should have come a long time ago. The generation that Jesus said would not pass away before the end has long since passed away. JWs and other christians are in denial. They can't bring themselves to accept that Jesus' predictions did happen within the timeline he indicated they would. The JWs ever-changing, embarrassing BS interpretations of the meaning of "this generation" is a testament to this failure.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Witness my fury beat me to it..........Since the first century there have existed groups that beleived they were living in the last days. Why? Because they were delusional.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Witness my fury beat me to it..........Since the first century there have existed groups that beleived they were living in the last days. Why? Because they were delusional.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

• prologos
    prologos

I do not believe any of it* but according to the wt 'Day for a Year' prophetic rule, there are only 60 days left, even in the stretched overlapping anointed generation. 2075.

*starting with the basis, the talking snake.

The "last days" will last forever, almost.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GEEZE!! We heard you the first time! LOL!!!

DD

• zeb
    zeb

My wife showed me her tablet thing and all the wonders of Jw.org there on. As she flicked through it there was the section on gods name and how early hebrew manuscripts used the tetra grammaton. I have just previously read in "In Search of Chrstian Freedom" of the use by wt of these records. Franz states that the hebrew accounts post date by many decades the greek writings and are translations of these. Now written into hebrew how are they going to write the name of god uther than as the tetragramaton/ If the greek had been trans to french say then any reference to a "Mister" would be "Missieur". so the use of the hebrew to 'prove' anything is completely mischevious.

Later as she was further unwinding from the big convention commented that as Australia is about to commemorate the origins of the greatwar by 100 years everyone if overlooking that Christ was enthroned in 1914. Eyes glazed-frightening! I was nearly sick.If that is the case then what has happened from the wts perspective.

• Scores of paedophile cases now in the open. The wts has a child protection policy thatthey wont reveal.
    • They defend those charged with sex abuse of children and therefore are a paedophiles support group
    • KHs' being sold up all over the world and the funds go back to bethel.
    • Palatial head quarters being built by free labour
    • Millions earned from the sale of NY buildings and I understand more to come
    • All the early and eroneous writings of Russel and the bully boy Rutherford are no longer available. (yet were divinley inspired we are told)
    • numerous chopping and changing of doctrines. There is a site called "WT flip flops" dedicated to this very subject.
    • Preaching out against any education above the minimum
    • GB living in monastic isolation but spending most of its meetings handing out decrees on how people conduct their personal lives and their bedrooms with an appaling toll on marriages and families.
    • The cornerstone teaching, the blood one is being steadily watered down; now fractions are permitted while jw are not permitted to donate blood.
    • Young men imprisoned in conscience objection over years being instructed by the org. not to accept alternative service in hospitals etc but the gb then has a mind change and its "conscience issue".

All these things are the products of the gb in wilfull isolation, with a dreadful absence of education,having no contact with jobs, the workplace, the daily cycle of traffic, car costs, paying a mortgage, health costs or RAISING A FAMILY. They have set themselves as emporers over the "rank and file" (yes thats a gb quote) jw with none of the daily realities that these same people have to face while dominating there every facet with a cruel, legalistic sytem as every bit as controlling as the Pharisees had over the common people of Jesus time. Did i mention Jesus.. thats good because you will barely hear his name or his story in any kh as the gb have moved in to take his position. In the two questions asked of baptisamal candidiates the second has usurped the father the son and the holy spirit with obedience to the org. This is breath taking arrogance and to my simple mind blasphemy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit