When did you start getting ANGRY?

by Separation of Powers 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The "Balzereit Letter" did it for me. And as my kids grew up, and got to participate in things I never did, I got jealous/mad about a wasted life.

Eff the lot of them. May all the top dogs at Headquarters get testicular cancers.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Angry? Not a strong enough word. Furious is more like it. I have felt a lot like DOC. I have a circle of anger that starts with myself for taking the path of least resistance as an adult by blindly accepting WBT$ as Gods chosen ones. Then, I blame my parents for forcefully teaching me that their love depends solely on my being an active JW. Then, I shift to J F Rutherfraud who sold them the lies and Knoor/Franz who polished the turds. But THEY were born to Russelites. So I rinse and repeat the cycle of anger.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

I started getting angry when I began to realize that the elders were wolves in sheep's clothing. They were there to enforce the rules, not shepherd the flock. I challenged them with regard to treatment of my husband and my DF'd daughter-in-law on more than one occaision, and they backed down, changed tactics and even apologized.

I really got angry about a year after I walked away. My son finally confided in me that he had tried to go back and get reinstated about a year after he was DF'd. The elder that had portrayed himself as a big brother to my son who was a "fatherless boy" (read had a known apostate for a father) was a total hypocrite. My son went to this elder when he was terrifed and feeling unsafe (for good reason) and felt a need to return to the congregation in order to feel safe. The elder swore at my son in the most vile terms, because he felt my son had made him look bad. He showed his true colors, all the while lying to me that there was no problem between the two of us when he was clearly avoiding me. He was feeling guilty. I hope that one day I can have an honest face-to-face discussion with this hypocrite who further endangered my son's life. I would like to thank him for making sure that my son will never return to the cult.

In the meantime, this man has been taken down a peg. He was the project overseer (not sure what the exact title was) for many quick builds, re-builds and renovations through the Regional Building Committee-- not so much anymore. Also, he prided himself in giving the hard doctrinal public talks, one of them based on the Trinity brochure. Ha.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I realize the question you actually asked was WHEN? It was a long process during the years between 2004 -2011. The last straw was when we read about the Menlo Park Scandal (hubby used to attend there) and followed the money.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Anger started in 1995 when they changed the generation doctorine to buy themselves more time.

Continued for almost 10 years.

One thing that helped me to not be so angry is to realize we are not alone in being duped by religion.

There are millions of people in various cults and wack-o religions that are even worse than the JW .

It's a common thing "nothing new under the sun".

At least we finally woke up and got free.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Seperation of Powers:-

To answer your O.P:-

Why should i be afraid to die?

Why should i be angry with the org?

Both in my opinion dont exist:-

Death is non existence

The ORG, like death never really existed?

So i think anger can only exist if it has something real to be angry with.

The " org" only exists in the false thinking of people. When you start getting angry, is when you see what you are angry with does not even exist.

Shakespeare " To be or not to be..... that is the question." ?

Anger only exists if you are not being you.

I

• rebel8
    rebel8

I wrote about this. Anger is part of coping with grief and it can be useful. It motivates you to investigate and find the truth. It clarifies your personal rights that were violated and helps you learn how and when to stand up for yourself in the future. It drives you to stick up for others. It helps you see clearly what actual moral values are.

If you hold on it too long--let it fester--all that energy will begin to turn inward as destructiveness. You'll start to feel too much like a victim and not like a survivor. You may have malevolent thoughts of revenge. You may even desire that revenge so stronly that you become willing to invent crimes the borg did just to quench your thirst for character assassination--a weapon used by the powerless.

• cognac
    cognac

I went pretty much bat shit crazy the second I finally put it all together, lol

• label licker
    label licker

I guess it started when I found out it was a lie. The sites, the trinity brochure by Snarky on youtube. I handed many of those brochures out telling people that we have nothing to hide and if they want to look up the sources, that it was all in that mag. Felt like I had been taken for sure. Sold our company which was making us good money. Got disowned and disinherited from the inlaws. Lost all our worldly friends and spent out enough on donations, service, and working at the bethel. The worse was the lies, the stalking and how they slandered our reputation during and after our leaving the org.

We're in our mid fifties, live out in the middle of nowhere, and are reliving/restarting our lives over again. We put up a shop and started a new business which is doing well. Two of our old worldly friends came back into the picture which was truly the definition of forgiveness since we let go of everyone. Parents are still at odds but that will take a while. We have one family who aren't in the cult anymore and we see them from time to time. Really weird process for we are replacing what we loss the second time around now.

When it comes to family, I am still angry that they have control over them which still affects me. I can never get rid of the cult totally. They have no right to interfere when it comes to personal bornin family ties. It's so wrong on so many levels.

My anger only flares up when I run into someone who tells me what the elders did to them on account of us. The guy whom the elders were protecting and not wanting to df told us that they first told him to go along with their decision on public reproving him so he did but they wouldn't tell him what it was for. Then he runs into someone a couple of months later and they informed him he was announced as df'd. When he called the PO, the coordinator told him it was out of his hands and not to bother him anymore. So the guy went to the co and the co told him he had to go with what ever the elders decided. It didn't surprise me but confirmed again how wicked these guys are. So wicked that they took advantage of this man to suite their own perverted agenda. This guy is truly mentally unbalanced and was railroaded as well. Sad part is he really wants back in. He said if they told him to jump off of a bridge, he would. Elders love these kinds of people. We could not be like this guy nor like the ones who wanted to stay and act like fifteen year olds. So bizarre.

There are so many different stages to what ever you call this that you go through and on a daily basis. There's not a day that doesn't go by when you think of all what you have lost like family and friends, you automatically think of the cult. The very thing you are trying to let go. People are never the same after whether for the good or the bad.

Because of all that stress, two years later I am dealing with physical health issues. Would I have stayed in had I known the fall out of all what we have gone through? Not on your life. There's nothing like having your freedom. We were always decent people and always will be. It's just going to take some time and then we'll see where we go from here. Definitely, we will never join any religion or organisation ever again. That we know for sure one hundred percent.

We wish you all the best in your journeys.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I got angry sometime after learning TTATT. At first I was just taking in as much info as I could, and processing it as I could. As Cofty said, when I realized it had to be purposeful, I was pissed. Beyond pissed, actually. There is no word for the indignation I had.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit