When did you start getting ANGRY?

by Separation of Powers 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

When I started the FADE....I recognize that I was upset, mainly because of the desillusionment. But, over the course of the past several months, I am noticing an increasing anger toward all thing ORG. It can only be described as indignation, not simply upset. I am not angry about the time I have spent, nor the experiences I have had, nor the "lost" opportunities, I accept the path I have trodden. I am angry at this thing, this thing we call the ORG.....it is only getting worse.

you?

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

When WT rolled out the credit/debit card machines at assemblies and conventions

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Growing up as a dub, I am not angry at my parents as they did what they thought was the best for me. I am angry at the WT for all the lies and deception over the years that they continue. It is natural to have these feelings, just don't let those feelings distroy you. It is time to move on with your life outside of the organization.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

It happened in various stages. I learned everything in the late 90s and was just a teenager. I would argue and argue with my mom. Eventually I almost ended up in a judicial comittee. Fast forward this many years the only anger I get is how obvious it is that its just a farse but my family gets more convinced it's the truth with each change. I know there is nothing I can say or do which I have come to accept for many years. My parents will grow old and die always convinced the end is so close.

• Simon
    Simon

I think when you realize that they are not just 'wrong' with their beliefs (but believe it themselves) - they know themselves that it's nonsense but they are addicted to the power, control and money and use and discard people as it suits them. They knowingly mess up people's lives for their own ends.

Being angry is natural ... but it's important to move past it. Don't dwell or obsess on the things that make us angry and don't allow others to use the anger for their own ends - there are as many people outside the WTS willing to use and manipulate people as there are inside and inside is where some of them learnt their skills.

The best solution IMO is to reach a level of understanding through research such that you are comfortable with your decisions and know what the truth about the truth is and then focus on living a life beyond the WTS.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

It happened in various stages. I learned everything in the late 90s and was just a teenager. I would argue and argue with my mom. Eventually I almost ended up in a judicial comittee. Fast forward this many years the only anger I get is how obvious it is that its just a farse but my family gets more convinced it's the truth with each change. I know there is nothing I can say or do which I have come to accept for many years. My parents will grow old and die always convinced the end is so close.

With my family I have learned that nothing you say or do will change their minds. My parents are both now gone but they went peacefully thinking this was the truth and had a hope that they will wake up in that paradise world. Who am I to take that hope away from them. Even though we had a good relationship as my parents learned toward the end of their lives to accept me for who I was.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think the anger really came from realizing how much I had been deceived.

I was angry at "THEM" for maintaining this huge hoax. I'm not sure just whom I think is responsible up at the "top" but I feel very strongly that not everyone at WTS HQ is completed delusional. Some of the top brass have to have realized they are part of a huge scam.

Second, I am angry at ME for being such a gullible dumbass. The final conclusion has to be that "the buck stops here". I'm at fault for buying it all at face value. Sure, as a born-in I can try to say it's my parents fault, but at some point, somewhere along the line, I have to accept the responsibility.

Doc

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Second, I am angry at ME for being such a gullible dumbass. The final conclusion has to be that "the buck stops here". I'm at fault for buying it all at face value. Sure, as a born-in I can try to say it's my parents fault, but at some point, somewhere along the line, I have to accept the responsibility.

Like myself who was born into it, we were all conditioned from birth. Yes I had some doubts even at an early age but we were told that we were wrong and to blindly follow this oranization, so it is not all that easy to just walk away. It is admitting that everything we believe in is wrong. It takes years to get over this mind condioning. You are the strong one in your family that said this is wrong regardless of the consequences and left the religion. I think there is many weak ones that just go along with BS because they don't want to rock the boat and stay with the status quo.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear Sep of Powers, I know exactly how you feel, and I know what problems the way you feel may bring.

I was exactly where you are a while ago, and I found out that there is no way the anger at the Org can be satisfied. The Org is not "going down" anytime soon, no matter what any of us do, and the Org would not care one bit whatever you did against it, they are impervious.

So, does that leave us with nothing ? does that mean we have to lay down and roll over, and totally bury our anger ?

No ! we must retain and channel our anger, in a controlled way. We must work in an effective way to undermine the Org. This may be by posting on here, by just dropping the odd comment to our JW relatives and friends, but primarily by living a full, happy life away from the Org.

Even though we may be in the position of having to go to the K.H etc, we need to make sure we provide fun times for our wife and family that are nothing to do with the Org. and to try to increase these to the point where they clash with Org stuff , "Aw, just this time Honey, you know what fun we had ....."

Just retaining the anger, but doing nothing about it, is bad for your health.

If you cannot do anything at present, either what I said above , or something else, then, put your anger in a "Box" , and bring it out when you can do something.

Never lose your fire, your anger, it is something that will justify your position, and it is unanswerable by the Org and those who support them, for your anger, and mine, is Righteous Anger.

• cofty
    cofty

It was the lie in the study article about the "great crowd" - the whole naos v heiron debate.

That is when I knew they were not just honestly mistaken but deceitful.

I knew then what they had stolen from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit