Evidence Regarding the Evolution of Cetaceans - Whales etc

by cofty 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

This excellent little video sumamrises some of the evidence for the evolutionary history of cetaceans.

If focuses on comparative anatomy, embryology, fossils and DNA.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Interesting video thanks cofty, but I prefer watcing evolutionary biology without an agenda. What work are they doing that justifies asking for donations?

Kate xx

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Great video Crofty thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, people don't dig themselves into cognitive holes because they appreciate facts and reasoning. To the contrary, a rejection of evolution often stems from a fundamental lack of understanding how the Scientific Method and Peer Review works.

• KateWild
    KateWild

a rejection of evolution often stems from a fundamental lack of understanding how the Scientific Method and Peer Review works.-Coded Logic

The general population do not reject evolution, especially here in the UK. JWs do though, but many xJWs when waking up accept evolution. Evolution and belief in God are not mutually exclusive as the creator of this video would have us believe. I gather this from having a look at the facebook page. They are a fundemental movement that solicit funds for their "work".

Kate xx

• Witness My Fury
  • cofty
    cofty

I prefer watcing evolutionary biology without an agenda - Kate

What agenda is that exactly?

What work are they doing that justifies asking for donations? - Kate

Do you walk into bnookshops and remove books for free as a matter of principle? What's the difference? These guys even make payment optional.

Evolution and belief in God are not mutually exclusive as the creator of this video would have us believe.

Where precisely did they make that claim?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Cofty,

Don't under estimate my intellect. You haven't answered my question Cofty.

These guys have an agenda just like you do. I have been on their FB page and I know what they're about. The video itself is fine just like many Awake magazine's are fine. But the movement have an agenda just like the WT have an agenda. On the video they talk about the work they do and need donations for. So cofty you haven't answered my question what is their "work"?

We have free state schools all over the UK teaching evolution, why do we need this movement, what is their real agenda?

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Statedclearly.com says - "Promoting the art of critical thinking by exposing people to the simple beauty of science. We create short animations using neutral language."

We have free state schools all over the UK teaching evolution, why do we need this movement,

I agree, we should shut down every bookshop in the UK and ban the internet.

You will learn more about evolution in that 10 minute, evidence-packed video than in 4 years of high school.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Well I disagree with them about the fact they promote critical thinking, the 10 minute video had a perfect section to promote two views. See if you can work it out, but instead it presented everything as fact. Critical thinking is about taking in information and reasonably criticising the information and looking at other independent sources to back up what you have learnt.

This movement presents everything as fact leaving no room for criticism. Like I said I would rather watch evolutionary biology by a source without an agenda.

Kate xx

• cofty
    cofty

Every piece of evidence in the video is a fact. It is a very brief summary for absolute beginners. If you want the tons of details behind the summary you will need to do the work.

I have read the evidence behind every statement in the video in detail and it is a superb and accurate summary.

leaving no room for criticism

If you think you have spotted a specific error in the video please tell us what it is and what evidence you have to the contrary. Or you could post it in the video comments or on their Facebook page or you could email them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit