Has anyone else heard this about the GB??

by FeelingFree 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Ok so me and my husband were talking to his mum again about why we are no longer going to meetings and got into another pointless discussion where she feels he needs to talk to an elder about his issue's blah, blah, blah... round and round it went.....

The thing I wanted to ask was if anybody had heard that there wont be any GB after these one's die?? This is something she mentioned today and we have never heard of this ever. So it means no more will be appointed and they will just die off! This can't be true can it? Is she just speaking out of her arse.....again?!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I put this idiotic rumor in the same category as 'This year might be the last time we celebrate the Memorial'. JWs are so gullible, as evidenced by their tendency to buy into rumors like this one.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

I highly doubt that. Who will control the cult if "doomsday" doesn't come?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Maybe she's missunderstanding the overlapping generations BS (who can blame her?)

The GB isn't going anywhere unless there's another rutherford-esque coup.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

JWs will come up with anything to try and reason why they are so close to an end. This probably comes from people thinking there will be no more anointed to take over or the overlapping generation teaching means it must come before this GB dies. There will ALWAYS be people who claim to be anointed and there will ALWAYS be a governing body.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I've heard they are increasing the number to 12.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I thought there was no way this could be right. I'd never heard of this. So as her son I gave her this question to ponder: hypothetically speaking if this is taught and in years to come you find that all the governing body are dead and there's no one to replace them, and the new system still hasn't arrived, what then?

After a rather long pause she said we'll their training up a lot of people so I guess I would have to wait for direction from the ones left in charge!

I then said yes but their not the ones apparently prophesied to give spiritual food at the proper time. No answer lol.

We did come to the agreement that we could have an open discussion and that any decision I make is going to be one that won't affect the family adversely. I did say that that would most likely mean not speaking with any elder.

I found it rather interesting that she was the one to mention fading away quietly and she also made a statement to the affect that as long as we don't discuss our issues with anyone else we couldn't be dfed for apostasy. I think someone's been talking to some eldubs.

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds likes she's garbled the "overlapping generations" thing. They recently emphasized that any new GBers are not necessarily overlappers, that the GBers who are overlappers won't last much longer, thus Armageddon must be nigh.

The message is so convoluted, it's not surprising that people misunderstand it.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

It just sounded so out there that there must have been an explanation for it. That makes sense sir82. I'm surprised she didn't go into the overlap bs to be honest in order to back up her claim

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's exactly as sir82 said, except that they also allowed for there to be GB members who come after the overlapping generation (probably currently referring to Sanderson, the new boy). But it's true that they are saying that the end will come before the GB (besides Sanderson, I guess) have died off.

Actually it's a bit confusing because the anointed are now supposed to be taken up to heaven during the Great Tribulation, right? So technically there is an indefinite time period between the anointed going to heaven, presumably leaving behind no GB, and the coming of Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit