JWS Definitely Know About Dateline!!!!

by MarchOn 24 Replies latest social current

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

If they did not know before this past Friday's airing of Dateline they do now. Dateline previewed this Tuesday's show. My JW Mom calls me the next morning to tell me about it. Of course, I pretend like I know nothing about it. The phone call I know is pre-damage control. She says right off the bat, "well at least there not paying people off to keep their mouths shut!"(Like the Catholics)How does she know, she has'nt even seen it yet? Now she will go to all of her JW friends and tell them about the show and we all know how fast things get around at the KH. Now I will get to listen to all the BS after the show, the excuses etc. And the same old thing, "Its' not as bad as what the Catholics have done". WHATEVER!!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"well at least there not paying people off to keep their mouths shut!"

Actually, they HAVE paid people to keep their mouths shut, and the people HAVE kept their mouths shut.

Remember Greenlees?

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride
    The phone call I know is pre-damage control. She says right off the bat, "well at least there not paying people off to keep their mouths shut!"(Like the Catholics)

At least the Catholics didn't excommunicate those who came forward.

Devon

• Soledad
    Soledad
    "well at least there not paying people off to keep their mouths shut!"(Like the Catholics)

hhhhaahahahahahahahahaha, oh lordy (holding my stomach) I cannotwait until Wednesday morning!!!

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

This is sickening is'nt it?? Has anyone else had a JW telling them about the show?

• nancee park
    nancee park

Over the years they have paid to settle cases of pedophilia out of court. That's been discussed in previous threads. And Greenlees who was a pedophile on the Gov Body was reassigned from there to New Orleans. For all we know some of the current Gov Body may be pedophiles. Things are going to come out. The more they tell only half truths via spokesman JR Brown, the more it will be known.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I was reminded of how most stuff is for entertainment only. Guess depends on what entertains you I guess.

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

I will see my JW mom today at my cousin's(who just so happens to be graduating from a Catholic school) graduation party.

My mother has never passed up an opportunity to condemn the Catholic church. Infact, just a couple of weeks ago she was telling me that Bible prophesy was being fullfilled and that what was happening with the Catholic Church was the beginning of the Government turning on Religion.

Do you think this will be a good time to tell her and my Catholic relatives about Dateline?

• sf
    sf

Hey boys and girls,

I've got two young jw college-aged young men living across the street now. I am very eager to watch what unfolds, as they have been congregating at this house every Saturday morning for field service. I've seen the literature and know what I'm speakng of. Yet, yesterday, no one showed up, but some old guy in white care that spent the night.

I've decided not to bother them at all. And observe what unfolds.

That will be the most dynamic thing to watch transpire and retire...the field ministry activity. AND CHECK OUT THOSE JW MALL BOOTHS YOU SEE. ARE THEY STILL UP AND ACTIVE IN YOUR LOCAL MALL?

sKally, "it's not about answering the questions, it's about questioning the answers" klass

Too many 'lambs'!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Michelle,

This is the best time to advertise the Dateline show! 2 days to go...

You don't even have to be very direct. Just say you happened to see an ad (don't get more specific) which mentions that there will be a segment about Jehovah's Witnesses on Tuesday on Dateline NBC. (Don't forget to mention the proper time for your time zone.)

The JW's are always very curious whenever "Jehovah's name" will be mentioned in the media -- they want to see how the organization is portrayed (hoping for it to be favorable, of course).

Good luck and go for it!

-J.R.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.--Will Rogers, 1879-1935

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit