My Letter Exchange as a Former Mormon With Ray Franz

by zacktac 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for sharing :-)

I was one of the countless who exchanged correspondence with him and he helped me through a very rocky time in my 'awakening.' Even though his and his wife Cynthia's health wasn't good, and we can imagine how inundated he must have been with people contacting him left, right and center, he still took the time and trouble to write, to offer insights, Scriptural wisdom and a wider perspective on what I was going through. I wish he (and indeed both of them) were still with us.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I got to hear Ray speak at a special assmbly days once back in the mid, late 70's, he came across as very loving and caring. A little earlyer I heard his uncle at the same type of event, he was all business, not compassionet at all.

I met Freddy at the meeting, I was working as stage attendent/security. He was not friendly at all!!

Dwain

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thankyou!

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Thank you, Zack! A friend who studied with the Mormons once told me, "I love the Mormon people, but I despise their organization." Come to think of it, I have never met a Mormon whom I didn't like. As a lifelong JW, I wish I could say the same thing about Jehovah's Witnesses. Being raised as a JW is like being raised in a snake pit. Sad, but true.

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you for sharing your personal experience Zack. I am having a hard time moving past being angry and frustrated.

Your post helps me in much the same way that Ray Franz helped you, so thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit