the flood, mammoths, elphants, and food.

by Crazyguy 280 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My question is since it looks as though mammoths were alive after the flood and we know elephants are then how much food was needed to feed just these four animals for the time they were on the ark. Also was the Ark, 500 feet long, big enough to hold the amount of food needed for just these 4 animals.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Also, how did they get the poop out of the ark. Seriously, have you seen the size of it? You can hear it land from 100 feet away.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Ok acccording to my calculations all 4 animals would consume on average 200 gallons of water each day and 400 pounds of hay. Thats a total of 73,000 gallons of water for the year they were on the ARK plus another 583,000 pounds of total hay. This works out to be about a total in weight of 584 tones of food and water needed to be on the Ark for just these 4 animals to survive. How much cubic space would be needed I have know idea, but could the ARK even hold this much weight?

This is just one example of how the Ark story could not be real.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Pah, do your research. A quick look in the publications shows God put em in a coma.

• James Brown
    James Brown

If there is a God and there was a flood.

Why couldnt God just have the animals hibernate while they were on the ark.

He already performed the miracle of bringing the animals to the ark.

And the miracle of flooding the earth.

What is a little hibernation?

And why not bring baby animals instead of full size adult animals?

Just saying

God is in the miracle business.

I can understand one not believing in God and the flood.

But to say God could not cause a flood and save all the animals,

I don't understand.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's true, that can be used as an explanation. There's nothing in the account about the animals being active during their time inside the Ark.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Well god should of teleparted the animals and Noah to another planet just like earth until the flood was over then just teleported them back.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

If we're talking about what God should have done -- he should have just zapped every bad person with their own personal bolt of lightning. Why did he have to kill nearly every animal on earth in order to get at the humans? The story makes a lot more sense when you adopt the mindset of the time, which was that God was not omnipotent, but he did have tons of water sitting above the firmament to work with....

• Magnum
    Magnum

If god is going to perform miracles like causing the animals to sleep and not eat/drink/poop/etc, then when not just skip the whole ark thing and just miraculously levitate Noah and family and the animals above the water in a state of deep sleep? Heck, why even have the flood in the first place? A worldwide flood is a very inefficient method of killing bad humans and it causes so much unnecessary damage. Why didn't he just snap his fingers and cause all bad humans to die? Then he could have spared all the innocent animals and there would have been no need for an ark.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The entire flood myth falls apart on so many levels that it leaves me extremely embarrassed that I believed it was real for most of my adult life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit