Who's to blame?

by ozziepost 75 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Have just heard that in one capital city congregation of 120 publishers presently, they had 19 become inactive in the past 18 months. This was announced to the congregation apparently. One cannot imagine that this was made up of young ones. So anecdotally you must assume that its older ones too who are leaving.

Ozzie (remembering how many do not like reporting)

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

G'day Mate (Danny),
    You ole' basturd.
    Love,
    Sheila
    How was that Danny?
    TW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now listen wife,

You spelt bastard incorrectly.

Actually we prefer to call our mates a bugger. Sorry poms.

Ozzie

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Thinker's Wife and Ozziepoo,

You notice TW that Ozzie could only correct your (our) spelling...so we must assume that your useage of Aussie terms was proper. Your well on your way to enjoying excellent relations with our brother's and sister's down under.[8>]

Danny

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Dear Mr. Ozzie,
    I only spelled bastard that way because I was copying what was in Danny's post on terms. My humble apologies. I thought that was the Aussie spelling.
    TW
    P.S, I am trying really hard!!!!

• RR
    RR

Interestingly, I have been inactive for some nine years, and in all that time, I have NEVER been contacted by my old congregation. Granted I no longer reside in that area, but I am still in the stste, and my mother-in-law is still in the congregation, thus if they really wanted to contact us they could easily do so.

I've never ben DF'd nor have we formally DA'd ourselves, even though I did write up a ficve page "exist" letter, that I never mailed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit