LATEST from SilentLambs 5-25-02 please read

by shadowfang 19 Replies latest jw friends

• shadowfang
    shadowfang

I appoligize if someone has already posted this. I looked and didn't see this letter anywhere and I think it is a good one. (via Jake)

Then came the candle light vigil at 5:30 pm,

Well we did it, 45 people were present for the first candle light vigil for silentlambs around the world. Holly and Heather Berry were there along with many other victims who told stories, sung songs, and recited poems that were self composed to help them deal with abuse issues. There were many touching moments where you could feel the heartbreak and pain suffered by the expressions made. We set up a huge awning along with over 350 bag candles lined in pairs that stretched for well over 400 feet. Each bag had a request from a victim to burn a candle for them along with the State or the country they were from. As the sunlight faded it was a beautiful sight and a living testament to the pain and suffering caused by WT Policy. Several media sources covered the event and with eager anticipation we waited for the judicial committee to show. Why? At least 20 abuse victims wanted to face the judicial committee and testify as witnesses that silentlambs was not causing divisions in the organization. As 7:30 rolled around it became evident the committee was a no show. So I called Service Department to ask why. They said they were closed. I said it was an emergency so they patched me through to some brother who said he did not know anything and I would have to call back later. Why was I not surprised. Well at that point I composed a letter and stuck it in the front door handle along with a stuffed lamb it read as follows:

Dear brothers,

I was here for my judicial hearing which you did not show up for. Please notify my attorney why you have chosen to not press charges you made against me through WT Headquarters. I am sad you brothers have made the decision to inconvenience so many witnesses who traveled from all across the USA to testify to your charge of me "causing divisions" in the organization. After offering a three week notice it was certainly unkind to treat you fellow brothers and sisters in such a callous manner. If you change your minds again and decide to arrange a new meeting with new charges, I must require that you please pay all expenses for my witnesses to return and testify.

If you are afraid to meet I understand, especially due to your lack of evidence. May I suggest that you not "beat your brothers" by putting abuse victims to so much trouble unless you truly are serious about going forward with this matter and compensating them for the time, expense and trouble you have caused.

Along with this letter goes my warm Christian love.

Very Truly Yours,

silentlambs

Afterward we all went to the community center around the corner which is the old Kingdom Hall and all had a nice meal and a champagne toast to spanking WT just one more time. As I was returning home I stopped to visit with a TV crew doing the final report. They told about the elders not showing up and when called George Bandarra said the meeting was confidential and private and due to all the attention they were not comfortable with having a meeting. When the reporter tried to ask further questions he basically hung up on her. Real smooth guys, she assured me they will be back no matter how many times they reschedule.

So, to whom it may concern, whether you like it or not I am still standing and remain a Jehovah's Witness in "good standing." Dateline will not feature disfellowshipped persons as all decisions to date are on appeal. Oops… looks like you got spanked again and just wait till you see the newspapers this weekend. Bad PR boys when you "beat your brothers"...

silentlambs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

bttt

Please BTTT for a day so everyone has a chance to read it.
    Thanks.

• Celia
  • plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thanks celia

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

AH! thats why i missed it. I was looking for posts that said silentlambs on it.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

LOL.. it just gets worse and worse for these guys.

Congratulations on your victory in this battle. You played much better than them.

Path

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

PS... For what it's worth I wouldn't celebrate too much just yet. Things are far from over and it is always good to 'play' cautiously when you have such a devious opponent. But enjoy the champagne. You deserve it.

Path

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ditto
    the doors have only just opened.

Life sucks...get a helmet
    [email protected]
  • Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

I should be happy.

I am depressed.

:(