Want to make Money $ with a Web Site?

by sarahsmile 59 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

I appreciate the intent but it's actually better to only click on ads if you are genuinely interested in the product or service being advertised.

Google will detect and ignore 'random' type clicks automatically to protect advertisers from being scammed from any form of 'click farming'.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Here's the reality. Simon maintains a site people want to look at. That costs time and money. Ads are a way to recoup the overhead. If enough people want to look, so much so that he's making money on this rather than just covering expenses, so what?

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Hello everyone! Thanks Simon for setting me straight! I enjoyed reading everyone thoughts!

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I think what I was trying to state really came off wrong. Anyhow, I know little about how hard it takes to keep this forum going and running. You must spend a lot of hours just keeping everything running smooth. Once again thanks for explaining Ads.

Phizzy I hope you get over my trolling ways. I guess I will need to wear a troll badge for awhile. ;-)

To everyone else,I have been running high fevers sorry if I offended anyone.

So I guess blogging with high fevers early in the morning turned out not so good!

Viv- Yes your point is right who cares.

Take care!

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

That brought a tear to my eye...

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I recommend a couple Tylenols and bed rest. Also never take for granted the constructive criticism offered to active JWs from this site. And as I do to my minor children when needing a time out for therapy, hide your iPad and iPhone.

• scary21
    scary21

OK I clicked my first ad and it was something I was interested in. I have been searching the web lately about planing a vacation to Destin FL.

Of all things an ad pops up on this site about hotels in Destin, I think that one will count. I will keep in mind what you said Simon, thanks.

Sherry

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Another wise and intellectual poster recently stated that Simon makes over 1 Billion dollars per year from this site. I'm considering starting a EX-JW site also, I'll be happy with 500 Million per year, I'm not greedy.

• stillin
    stillin

The ads that come up on this site are related to searches made on my own computer. And yours.

• Viviane
    Viviane

Not mine :)

• jam
    jam

How much do you value knowledge, and how much have you

saved monetary from what we have received here. Speaking

for myself, Simon and wife I appreciate what you have done...

You filled a unique void in many of our lives, as Ex-JW's....

I know it's a lot of work to run this Web Site, so now I will

be clicking ads....

This site have saved me a lot of money, and peace of mind...

If Simon is making a billion dollars a year, who cares, is it not

worth it from what you have recevied....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit