Pedophilia -- WT Coverup?

by accuracy 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• detective
    detective

A "worldly" person chceking in here. Accuracy, if you know you have a known pedophile in your midst your obligation in not simply to the children of your congregation. Kicking out the offender might ease your mind a bit as you've simply distanced yourself from the problem. Instead, you leave that problem out there for all other children to face because you've dried up the opportunity that the pedophile has within the congregation. You've done nothing for the children outside of the organization. Either you want to protect children- all children- from this sort of thing or you don't.
    Clearly, the organization isn't much interested in doing their part to make sure that all children remain as safe as possible. Their agenda is to protect their reputation and assets first and at a distant second, to protect witness children. SOME children...mind you! Not all children. Just witness children. Sadly, they don't seem to care enough about them to put policies in place to aid in protecting even the witness kids.

These are the same people who are so concerned about my spirituality that they'll interupt my Saturday morning to preach to me! Where is their concern when they toss out a pedophile without calling the police? They have no problem leaving a predator to my "world" just as long as they've saved their own butts! Kindly stop "loving" me when it's a convenient preaching opportunity all the meanwhile being simultaneously ready to screw me if it means saving your reputation and looking after only your own.

This isn't about protecting SOME children. This is about having policies in place that aid in the protection of all children.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Great job, Accuracy!

You cite the January 1, 1997 Watchtower as proof conclusive that the New World Society is not a ``pedophile's paradise.''

Granted, calling WTBTS a ``pedophile's paradise'' may well be an overstatement... but citing the accused's own main magazne in its defense....ludicrous!

• kat7302
    kat7302

when my uncle was accused of child abuse, rape and sexual harrasement by 20 different sisters aging from 11 upwards, the authorities were involved but this was not however until after the endless judicial meetings, the talks, the crappy little attempts to make sure that the sisters really did WANT to take this further blah blah blah.......he was disfellowshipped but was soon reinstated. The truth will set you free huh! Damn right it will, be a witness and not only do you automatically gain utmost trust without question, you will be protected from the outside world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit