Pedophilia -- WT Coverup?

by accuracy 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• accuracy
    accuracy

The following, from the Watchtower magazine of January 1, 1997, does not support the idea that the WTS is a "pedophile's paradise." The WTS also pointedly spoke out against pedophilia over 9 years ago in the Awake! magazine of October 8, 1993.

For the protection of our children, a man known to have been a child molester does not qualify for a responsible position in the congregation. Moreover, he cannot be a pioneer or serve in any other special, full-time service.—Compare the principle at Exodus 21:28, 29....

If, for example, an individual makes immoral advances to another adult, the adult should be able to resist his or her advances. Children are much easier to deceive, confuse, or terrorize. The Bible speaks of a child’s lack of wisdom. (Proverbs 22:15; 1 Corinthians 13:11) Jesus used children as an example of humble innocence. (Matthew 18:4; Luke 18:16, 17) The innocence of a child includes a complete lack of experience. Most children are open, eager to please, and thus vulnerable to abuse by a scheming adult whom they know and trust. Therefore, the congregation has a responsibility before Jehovah to protect its children.

Well-trained children learn to obey and honor their parents, the elders, and other adults. (Ephesians 6:1, 2; 1 Timothy 5:1, 2; Hebrews 13:7) It would be a shocking perversion if one of these authority figures were to misuse that child’s innocent trust so as to seduce or force him or her to submit to sexual acts. Those who have been sexually molested in this way often struggle for years to overcome the resulting emotional trauma. Hence, a child molester is subject to severe congregational discipline and restrictions.

Whereas the present WTS policy may be in need of updating and upgrading, it is simply not true that the WTS has at any time advocated the protection of pedophiles.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Rhetoric and actual practice are two very different animals.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Well, that does not seem to be the Erica case as just one example.

Have you viewed all of Bill's information including all the BOE letters.

Do you even realize what the problems or issues are??

hawk

• metatron
    metatron

Since the organization knowingly deceives the public, of what
    value are such pious statements?

They have cultivated a culture of secrecy, pretense, and deception
    that protects all sorts of corruption. They disfellowship
    whistleblowers and refuse to apologize for wrongs they've
    committed. Even the Catholic church acts more moral than that.

If elders lie and coverup child abuse and other wrongs, they're
    not removed.

Personal experience: I was very anger about a case of elders
    covering up sexual abuse and I made my feelings known loudly
    in an elder's meeting.

response " shhhhh!" - that's a quote, I was shushed! in effect,
    told to be quiet! - AND THEY DID NOTHING!

It's a sick cult culture that generates injustice.

metatron

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

What they publish in the WT and Awake for public consumption is often quite a different thing from the actual policies they practice. In a 1997 Watchtower, for example, they stated that a "known child molester" could never again serve in a responsible position in the congregation, such as a ministerial servant or elder. Only a few months later, they sent a confidential letter to all bodies of elders detailing the circumstances under which a known child molester might again be used as a ministerial servant or elder.

What they say about themselves in their publicly distributed publications is PR at its best - start with their frequent assertion that JW's are "the happiest people on earth," and ask yourselves why so many of them are using Prozac, Zoloft, etc. Everything they print is designed to make them look good, without regard to what is actually true.

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • RR
    RR

Typical double standards. Isn't it funny how the Society fights for the same rights and freedoms they deny their own members.

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Actions, accuracy, actions.

What is conspicuous by its absence is any notion of going to the authorities.

Doesn't it make you the least bit squeemish that this is the strongest stance you could find the society take on child rape?Congregational sanctions? Give me a break.

Hmmm

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Actions speak louder than words.WBTS has not taken appropriate action to clean up thier filthy religion.Thats why they have a pediphile problem.Maybe you and Fred Hall can help out Bill Bowen of Silent Lambs.He is still a member of the JW`s and he`s trying to do the right thing.You could help your fellow JW out,and clean up WBTS.They don`t seem to be doing a good job by themselves...OUTLAW

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Hey Watchtower defenders...the Watchtower also says that LYING is wrong. Correct?

But do they do as they say?

These hypocrites lie like a rug. They lie about everything. LIE LIE LIE.

For example, they tell their own version about the WTS history, yet they aren't willing to put pre-1950 Watchtower writings on the damned CDROM.

Pick up an old Watchtower bound volume from the early years and READ.

Is what you are reading consistant with what the WTS tells about itself.

DAMNED LIARS. Proven and stamped!

Now, becasue they say LYING is bad, that means what?

BULL CHIPS!

So, if they print "child molestaion is bad", does that mean it doesn't happen?

Does printing "child molestaion is bad" mean that they don't cover it up?

Does printing "child molestaion is bad" mean that they won't excommunicate those who go to the public to tell the truth about what's really going on?

Defending the Watchtower Society in all this proves the defender to be a stupid, insensitve, deluded braindead dub. Nothing less.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Well, biblexaminer, only certain types of lying are wrong according to the Society. A justifyable form of lying is one that involves theocratic warfare as its end. Truth, according to the WTS, is only to be dispensed to those who are "entitled to know." Supposedly, Jehovah, the "God who CANNOT LIE", is approving this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit