What did ants evolve from?

by Pinku 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Alien robots, thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://www.antweb.org/images.do?subfamily=myrmicinae&rank=subfamily&project=allantwebants&project=allantwebants

Given enough time, scientists will decode the ant's communication network. In the meantime, the bible will remain the same.

• Pinku
    Pinku

sir82

You got it! Thanks for that deep thinking.

For an open mind, God is an Artist who paints on a LARGE CANVAS, hence has an UNLIMITED PERSPECTIVE, whereas most humans are MYOPIC who tend to see themselves as the center of God's world and everyone on the sidelines--and in the process they edge even God out!

• Pinku
    Pinku

jgnat

Thank you for that balanced approach.

Many do not seem to realize that there may be surprises and paradoxes (such as suffering and goodness) in the world—they are there for us to seek the answer and enjoy life, but not to leap into convenient conclusion. “Things which seem opposite in ignorance are reconciled in knowing.” (Music of Mind, written by scientist Darryl Reanney.)

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

So have you learned anything from this thread, Pinku?

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

The interesting point is that no individual ant has any idea of what's happening even though, jointly, the thing happens.

How on earth could anyone know that? Did an ant tell you that? It's funny how believers will just make up things and call it voodoo to support their belief in magic. I'm sure if god came down confused the ants tongue they would not be half as organised.

That makes about as much sense as saying one engineer can't do much on his own.. but 500 engineers coming together to build a suspension bridge is evidence that there is a God. (I am not saying there is no God by the way.. but that this is a very poor way in my opinion to try to prove his existence)

What does 5,000 apostates coming together to create a forum indicate to you?

I'm guessing this fellow below is possessed then..

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The same place as uncles did.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Dam there are apostate ants too!!

Enslaved worker ants fight back through acts of sabotage

It would appear that ants that are kept as slaves by more powerful species aren't as helpless as they might appear. New research from Gutenberg University Mainz in Germany shows that enslaved ants conduct their own form of civil disobedience, by neglecting and killing the offspring of their oppressors. And by doing so, the ants may be preventing their comrades outside the nest from being enslaved themselves.

http://io9.com/5947040/enslaved-worker-ants-fight-back-through-acts-of-sabotage

• Pinku
    Pinku

Dis-Member

Good question: “How on earth could anyone know that? Did an ant tell you that?”

The same thing can be said of our brains. Each neuron is relatively dumb, but if you take billions of them, they interact in a way that we have only scratched the surface of understanding!

Hence question is not whether an ant would tell us of their better organizing skill or not, it’s just observation that they do better than us in many respect, and we do not find anything to suggest that they evolved from any other species. There are other species too doing many things better than:

Many species use tools, technology, and language - though in almost all cases these are much simpler than our human examples. Beavers are master dam-builders, termites master mound-builders, birds master nest-builders. And in a very real sense, the sum of species on our planet created the very livable environment we humans enjoy - with bacteria leading the way in producing oxygen and many other components of our biosphere during the course of planetary evolution.

With respect to language, the more we learn about animal, plant, and microbial communication the more we realize that there is a cacophony of language all around us - we have not heard because we couldn't understand. We are beginning to understand

Thank you for the link on Enslaved worker ants fight back through acts of sabotage

That is interesting!

• bohm
    bohm

Pinku: and we do not find anything to suggest that they evolved from any other species.

i find nothing to suggest you read the links provided to you in this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit