Can anyone give me any advice on how to get rid of cockroaches?

by Jeannette 48 Replies latest social humour

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

I have sprayed, I have bug bombed, I have sprayed some more. I threw things out I thought that they might have a nest in. I soaked some things in hot water all day. I sprayed some more. Practical advice will be so appreciated.

• designs
    designs

Twinkies

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Twinkies? How so? You want me to get infested with ants too?

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Boric Acid we bought it at Walmart. Our apartment had so many and we wee desperate and i remembeted Boric Acid from my parents using when I was A Child

• Quendi
    Quendi

I've heard that boric acid is also very effective against ants as well.

Quendi

• DJS
    DJS

They will eat anything and like warm, moist environments. Kinda like teen-agers. Have you tried OCD? For cleanlinesss and orderliness? Seriously. It helps. I think. But it may cause other problems (i.e., your mate may leave you).

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

One of the great ironies of the known universe:

Cockroaches are designed to withstand a nuclear holocust, however you can simply tip them over on their back and they are helpless!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Boric acid works. My mom speaking to the extermination agency owner also helped. He gave us stronger bait b/c he felt we woulld be careful. The boric acid may be working against humans. I saw an ad for it in The Washington Post. I've lived in Manhattan for decades. There is no need to put up with them. It is a manageable problem. Many NYers feel the commercial sprays make the roaches stronger. Oh, you want to cover any holes with steel wool and spackle. Fellow tenants may not mind living with roaches. I've heard cats are good, too. After covering holes and using the boric acid I would see one every few years.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Thanks folks, I'll try the Boric Acid again. I have sprinkled it many times, the last thing I do after cleaning the counter tops, making sure there is no food in the garbage can, and mopping the floor. It helps for a few days, then bam, they're back again.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

then bam, they're back again.

Cockroaches will inherit the earth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit