GB member Anthony Morris mentions concerned JW letter at RC

by Acluetofindtheuser 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

GB member Anthony Morris mentioned a letter that was sent to bethel by a concerned JW fearing the GT. He mentioned it on the last Sunday talk. I always wondered if any letter sent to bethel ever reached GB eyes. I guess this proves they read some of them.

The person writing into bethel said that the HQ should be stock piling food because of the coming GT. Anthony said that was crazy because the person writing in doesn't have faith in God's providing power.

Are there any other letters that you know that reached GB eyes?

• hoser
    hoser

Did you see the letter? maybe tony pulled the story out of his ass.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

What if that was a lie, just so he could discuss something he wanted to in the first place?

What if he said that someone wrote them, feeling guilty about not being able to do field serve-us but instead makes up for it with monthly $$$$ donations?

Would he or any other GB member say thay is crazy??

• millie210
    millie210

If that was part of his concluding talk, it was covering reasons not to be anxious....

I know that whenever someone has a part on the assembly and they need a particular experience for their talk, they ask around. The word will go round to various halls that an experience is needed about so and so topic.

Could it be that word went out at headquarters, asking if anyone has written in about stockpiling food? Im sure every possible topic under the sun gets written in by someone!

• Balsam
    Balsam

I think they pull these so called stories out of the air, same with some of the letter. It might have been true but it is really shows how the Bethel thinks. Just wait on God and he will provide, even if your starving to death.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am sure he doesn't write his own talks...the writing department writes them. I am also sure he doesn't read any incoming mail as they have "spiritually qualified brothers" who do that.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Yes, it's true. I wrote that letter. But, I'm shocked he would mention it in a talk. That was a confidential letter.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

When he mentioned the letter it didn't seem very formal as an experience part. It was a short comment out of the blue which fit nicely with the theme about not being anxious.

The concerned letter seemed to be on his mind for some reason. Maybe he felt quilty for not heading the warning.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I heard that and immediatly thought of the "To Go Bag" they said should be ready in case of emergency- let alone disaster during the great tribulation! Something doesnt add up.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Everyone from my area is supposed to have a 3 day supply of emergency provisions. The elders periodically ask if our address and cell phone numbers are still current for this reason.

I wonder if those in NY don't need an emergency supply for some reason. Do they have a special provider we don't know about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit