Need a Game Plan

by bafh 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If you go, make the simple observation that this WT paradise requires the death of billions of innocent people.

Hooray, the sister fantasizes about the resurrection of her sister/friend/whoever. She also fantasizes about all the people that get slaughtered and moving into one of those houses. Hopefully this resurrect lady will help dig graves for all the rotting corpses.

• bafh
    bafh

Let me be clear: my only attachment to this organization is the fact that my family is all in. I'm 4th Generation born-in. My preferece is that I'm not seen as dangerous - just spiritually weak. I own a business, and I work all the time - so naturally they think my business has distracted me from being a Witness.

The fact is, I'm not willing to say "they don't have the Truth" - they have as much a chance of being "the channel" as any other religion as far as I can tell.

If pressed, my plan is to say: "There are a lot of things that bother my conscience. I'm not saying the GB is not Anointed. I'm saying that my conscience is bothered. I'm not interested in going into detail, because I don't want people to get the wrong idea. I'm just going to wait on Jehovah with my concerns and see what happens."

And you are all right. I do need to join some clubs - and I have. It is just that when I work so much it is hard, plus there is this "instant" friendship thing that happens with JWs that doesn't happen on the outside. I feel a little socially retarded because I feel like I don't know how to read other people, and I expect that they will not like me. I don't feel like I fit in any where - inside or outside - so I'm having a hard time, and I'm not sure how to handle it.

so that's my story. Thanks for listening.

bafh

• kaik
    kaik

You can go for the heck of it and listen all the nonsense if you know in your mind that WT is full of lies. You go there to see some good fellow, for family to keep peace, and ensure how crazy this religion is.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I am not too sure about your age but you sound young about 23 years old. Actually,I thought about 19 years of age. I am sure that is why some are making suggestions on how to meet people. I think they are good ones but considering you own your own business.

Spiritual weak is a good way to go if you want JWs to help you understand the "truth." Considering how often you will see them.

I can only write from personal experiences. Who said you need to fit in any where? I have tried for years and still get that feeling of not belonging. It the facts of life.

About the inside:

How can anyone feel like they belong in the inside of the kh when the only face people see is a fake smile. You can not share basic human rights such as,"I no longer care about some of these doctrine." Frankly, the instant feelings of friendship. Oh hiw I missed that for twenty five years until I realized that was part of the programming. You miss the fairy tale.

But the reality is just like you said. You do not fit in the inside or out.

To be honest with you it is a normal way of life for many long term born in to feel that way. It takes a long time attending any group to feel like one belongs. I have not given my all yet to any group. But it did not stop me for asking long term members their secret.

It is not like one leaves and goes on the outside and gains a similar feelings of closeness. It just never happened for me!

The thing I realized about the inside with family and friends. We were programmed to think a certain way.

Take your friend who recently called you.

Good example of programming.

An outside friend you would probably say," I am not interested in the convention because I no longer care about it but would like to go to a movie."

A normal situation " a friend" would say,"okay let us go see ...."

Yet JW programming there really is no such thing as a close friendship because the condition is belonging to the group.

Your friend is friendless.

She is emotionally not available for you to know how you," do not care about the JW teachings."

She clueless as how, you want to stay under the radar and would rather be looked upon as spiritual weak. Now that is programming. No other organization will you need to be this way. Close friends should understand.

Spiritual weak is there such a thing. Only in the in the WT.

Loneliness is tough on everyone inside or out.

But if your not wanting to be A JW your life future must be considered.

Yet for some reason,been there done that, you placed everyone ahead of your future.

And that my young friend is called wearing your heart on your sleeve. It will rob your of life.

Been there done that! Yes I wore my heart on my sleeve my entire life until a coworker woke me up! Another WT programming.

Now I have a question for you.

How much of your life are you willing to give up playing the WT games? Being single you have one to worry about

Akso, I am bible kind of person. Ask your friend, Would you give your life for me? As you said a friend called!

I doubt any JW will give their lives for you. The bible says a friend should give their life for you. Becareful who you call a friend because they might some day turn their backs on you. Find good friends that will make sacrifices for you and you for them. If you can not share your fading with a friend JW or not it is time for changes.

Channel of communication!

Actually they do not have any chance of speaking for Jehovah or Jesus.Do you believe that Russell is in heaven sending messages to the earth to the remaining 144,000. Now Governing Body? Anyhow, God would not use pyrimidology as divine light. How about Jesus is now Michael the Archangel and all the other angel hats?

They have zero chance of being Gods channel of communication even from a bibical stand point. God would not use false teachings to prove truth. Comparing them with other religions is too hard to do when they lied about other religions. Programming! First one needs to focus on JW background. As a JW we were taught the false doctrines of other religions so the focus would not be on the WT.

I understand your hard times and everything you wrote is reasonable. Your sharing your honest thoughts!

It does get easier and with time family fades!

Welcome.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

you might want to go to a dive of a resturaunt saturday night, and eat a giant uncrispy salad with room temperature chicken

if your lucky youll get diarreah and have to stay home.

if not make sure you get any new releases, so that years from now when they go out of print youll have a copy to barter with.

• bafh
    bafh

I'm 42, almost 43. Left 5 years ago. Workaholic and introvert. Feel like a complete social retard. didnt think I'd be having such a hard time. Most days think jumping off a bridge is a pretty good solution to my issues. Thought I'd feel better on the outside and in some ways I do. It's just such a struggle; I'm not sure I'm up for it any more. I'm just so tired.

will probably drink several pints before the Sunday session.

Thanks to those who have responded I appreciate the support.

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Someone very dear to me also told me to attend Sundays program.. What is strange however, she is miserable.. I am very happy... What does this day of talks do for them?

Rather go riding! Anyone want to go?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

OP wrote, "I agreed to go to the Sunday morning session."

So, you should honor your word and go to the convention in the morning. Take separate transportation. When it ends, say, "Thanks for inviting me It shows you care for me. I heard nothing new that I haven't heard before.(Or, if it is new, like New Light's Overlapping Generation Change . . . then discuss that briefly. 'I was stunned to see the New Light. It seems the Generation Teaching has changed alot, again. I don't think the Society knows what it is doing on that one."') I have plans for the afternoon. I'm going to (x). Would you like to join me?"

Next time they ask you to attend a meeting (which will be coming), then you are going to have to deal with it.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

IDK if you still need help but my plan was to find other things to think about to keep yourself from getting brainwashed... Sports, politics, whatever, just think of other stuff for most of the time.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

My new Sunday game plan has been: Over slept....sorry....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit