Beards......the CO allowed this one!

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

This is not new news.....

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

A minny man in a local congregation has a beard

Am I the only that thought he was talking about a midget, dwarf, or little person? (Or whatever the politically correct words are nowadays?)

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Wasn't he talking about a little person? Dwarf or smaller than normal height man as in minny man pictured above ? Seriously ? What else does minny man mean?

More to the point is why can't women pass mics ?There were women "deacons" mentioned in the Bible, what ever the Greek word was, it meant women were running churches, like the Anglican women Bishops of today and Catholis have Womenpriests.

http://www.romancatholicwomenpriests.org

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/world/women-priests-delighted/article6214336.ece

"The Church of England, which has the largest following of any denomination or faith in Britain, crossed a historic landmark when its General Synod overwhelmingly voted in favour of appointing women as bishops.

“The stained glass ceiling has been broken,” said one of the hundreds of tweets that celebrated the vote. “We are delighted,” Hilary Cotton, Chair of the group WATCH (Women and the Church)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

More to the point is why can't women pass mics ?

Funny you should ask that coz in a congregation near me, until they got some blokes in there the sisters(tm) DID bung the mics around.

• steve2
    steve2

They're passing mics around one minute, next they're reading the Watchtower from the platform. I tell you, it's a slippery slope.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Steve2 - Yes. They'll be on the GB next and then where will the paedophiles hide?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Oh yeah and by the way JESUS.. the SON of GOD, had a Beard"

Let the brothers have beards based on that reasoning and what next? Brothers line up saying, "Jesus, the son of god, never wore a tie." Next it's "By the say, Jesus never wore pants. So, I'm coming to the KH in a robe." I tell you, it's a slippery slope.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

im keeping this one marked...

Loved the reasoning on all in the bible who wore beards!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's a cult. When they have even an issue with beards and have ladies putting napkins on their heads, it's a cult.

I imagine this particular guy is a regular financial contributor and/or in a connected family.

• fulano
    fulano

In Holland they told me smoking grass is allowed now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit