Beards......the CO allowed this one!

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

A woman who accompanies a gay male in order to give the impression that he is heterosexual.

You just described half the elder's wives in my old circuit

• BU2B
    BU2B

Quarterback- Is he a "Rough Boy" who loves to camp out in "La Grange"? Does he prefer a "Sleeping Bag" to a matress when he is in the mood for some "Tush"?

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Wouldn't it be wise for Br.'s (and Sr.'s) to invest in laser beard removal? Maybe not... just in case there is new light.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

It doesn't matter if they ever allow them.....anyone with a brain would wonder "why were they ever disallowed?"

Then again, they attract people that love a good 'concession'

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

BU2B: You may already know this guy. He is very affectionate. He always requests, "Gimme all your lovings, and your hugs and kisses, too". He was "arrested for driving, blind". His children have a reputation for beig, "Beer drinkers, and Hell raisers"

• steve2
    steve2

Chuck Russell had a Santa Claus beard, Judge Rutherford was clean-shaven.

Guess which one is now viewed as never having been part of the faithful and discreet slave class?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Tyical flip flopping by the JW's. This will be OK until the next CO comes in and says it has to go.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

There was a congregation in San Diego, where an MS had a well trimmed beard, and he didn't want to shave it. the brothers asked him his reasons for having it and they agreed with him. They called the CO and the CO said he would wait to see how it played out in the congregation.

He gave a public talk with that beard. Gave other parts as well. One or two people had something to say, so the elders reported it back to him and asked him what he wanted to do.

He decided "unity" was more important than his beard and he shaved it so as not to be a distraction. That all happened this year.

ALL THIS MESS OVER SOME FACIAL HAIR.

And in the end.......see how cool and reasonable everyone was? hA!

• Splash
    Splash

The elders take such pride in their role of passing down these judgements when in reality all they are are messenger boys.

Who in the history of mankind have ever respected messenger boys?

They may be 'brothers', but there's rarely a man between them.

Splash

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

It seems if a Brother formed the Proper Scriptural Argument, he could get away from it in Some Congregations.

The argument would go something like this..

The command to not shave My Beard, is in the same area of the Bible that Condemns Tattoos & Blood Transfusions - Leviticus 19:27 " Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard."

God had Ezekiel shave off his beard, symbolizing Spiritual Adultery Ezekiel 5:1 " “And you, O son of man, take a sharp sword. Use it as a barber’s razor and pass it over your head and your beard. Then take balances for weighing and divide the hair."

"Aaron had a beard down to his chest or further! - Psalm 133:2"

"People viewed David as Crazy, simply causing he was Drooling on his Beard - 1 Samuel 21:13"

"People Persecuted Jesus.. By Pulling on his Beard - Isaiah 50:6"

"Oh yeah and by the way JESUS.. the SON of GOD, had a Beard"

"One of the Reasons Jesus Chose the Watchtower in "1914" was because of C.T. Russell's Glorious Beard"

"Sooooo you're telling me if I follow my Conscience and decide to wear a Beard just like every Single Righteos Person ever Mentioned in the Bible, I can't Pass Mics ? " : (

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit