Florida' s Gold Coast-- Latest WatchTower REAL ESTATE

by rip van winkle 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

...the religious organization stated in an email to The News-Journal. “We are still investigating uses for this facility that are in harmony with the purpose of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, as stated in its charter, to promote global Bible education.”

Jeff Muller, a local elder at one of Palm Coast’s two Kingdom Halls, said there are close to 1,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses in Palm Coast.

He said the city will benefit from the real estate purchase.

Palm Coast Vice Mayor Jason DeLorenzo was mostly optimistic about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society buying the former FAA building. “It’s not the type of business we think of often, but it’s still a business,” he said.

He mentioned the likelihood of the buyer not having to pay taxes on the property because it is a religious organization, but added that was only a “small picture” concern.

“They’re probably going to spend some out-of-town dollars and that’s good for the local economy,” DeLorenzo said. “Overall, I think it’s good news.”

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140703/NEWS/140709801/0/FRONTPAGE

• awakenyr2004
    awakenyr2004

marking

• Freedom77
    Freedom77

It’s not the type of business we think of often, but it’s still a business,” he said.

He's right about that!

Two hundred dorm rooms? Eight classrooms? Training facility? Sounds logical on the surface, but I smell something fishy here. More likely improve the property with free labor from the friends and flip it in a couple years for mucho profit to add to the WT investment portfolio.

Somebody above suggested nursing home, seriously? When they can easily ship old GB members or Bethelites off to regular homes and let Medicare/Medicaid foot the bill?

• Mum
    Mum

AndDontCallMeShirley pointed out that JW's are cheap. The fact is that they are also poor and uneducated, not the sort of people who want to acquire a taste for fine food and fine wine or buy great books or classical music. Mind you, I am generalizing here. I'm sure some JW's are well off and highly cultured (?) and will contribute to the local economy in the manner befitting their station in life.

• watson
    watson

"still investigating" ????

They spent $7 million and are still investigating? Sounds like investments to me. Spirit directed?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

EXCELLENT INVESTMENT. If ADA compliant, they can take advantage of H.U.D. programs for poor former full-time ministers. The senior pays a reduced rent $50-$300+ and the Federal Government (aka Satan's system ) makes up the difference for the assisted living market rent. Say $700-$1200+++ . !! A real money maker!!

Also you can have a small plane fly out to the nearby Bahamas to check on the offshore banking and hedge funds!!

• watson
    watson

Balaam, me like.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I spent the evening with some uber JWs last night and they knew about this Florida purchase. It will be for the training schools, elder school, ministerial training, etc. with housing on site.

Interesting too, in the same conversation came up plans for an 'assisted living' retirement type home for retired full timers like DOs, COs, missionaries. This facility will be in Puerto Rico, according to the discussion I heard.

• losingit
    losingit

Bethel in PR already houses former full-timers (COs DOs missionaries) in retirement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit