Florida' s Gold Coast-- Latest WatchTower REAL ESTATE

by rip van winkle 48 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

LOL Bob 007!!!

I know what you mean about Florida; but the short time I was there was wonderful in Palm Coast. It was in October, so the weather was beautiful, humidity was down and the seashore there was real nice. The landscaping everywhere around there looked great (expensive).

Marina

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ dagney:Is there a place I can find that? I send this thread and the other recent threads to a JW today. I would love to be able to show them the $1.2 billion figure.

An online search will get you a lot of info. The Brooklyn news outlets have reported on all WT real estate sales, including the dollar figures. To date WT has actually sold well over $800 million worth of properties. Here's one article:

http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/34/32/dtg_bridgeparkdealmain_2011_08_12_bk.html

"The deal calls for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society ’ s holdings in Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO to be rezoned for residential use — a change that real-estate experts believe will send the value of the Society ’ s properties well north of $1 billion."

• a watcher
    a watcher

Just 1 more asset for the government to confiscate during the GT.

• Focus
    Focus

Ah, more cash for us.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/281308/1/A-precious-gift-to-all-from-Jehovah-channelled-via-Focus

__

Focus

("Lets prepare a true Balance Sheet" Class)

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Fla has no state taxes, if that is ever to be an issue ( if their tax status is questioned) Maybe ( I think definitly) this property will generate WT revenue ( retirement home ?) then a possible subject to some tax.... But for the WT to generate revenue for the area? What a complete and total joke!

I fully believe they are spending thier liquid assets, placing them in multiple corperations, to protect them more effectively from future lawsuits.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

all the rooms in the dorms are handicapped accessible (and look pretty nice).

They advertised this in various ways, resort, hospice and elderly care facilities.

If the WT actually CARED for elderly JWs as a ministry, I would think something nice about them. How likely is that to happen-unless it is the top Borg dudes? It could be a blessing for all those who have shunned their children or abstained from having any because of the WT directives. It won't ever happen *unless done on a for profit basis somehow*.

Looks like a beautiful facility. Maybe it is for all those folks in upstate NY to go to as snowbirds. . . for 'training' during the harsh winter months in upstate NY. Tuxedo park is kind of in the mountains, isn't it? I went to a Renn fair there once. Really nice in the summer. Winter in NY is harsh.

• rip van winkle
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Sounds like the GB bought a winter home for themselves and buddies. The NY estate for summers and the FL estate for winters.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yup, pool, trails, racketball and tennis court, rooms, cafeteria. The GB will get their free slaves to cook, clean, launder, etc in the tiny slaves quarters while they relax and enjoy themselves during the winter months in Florida's mild climate occassionally skyping back their orders to publish another brochure on jw.org on how them, the faithful slave, have decided it's best if people buy their own paper to print from home their literature, and how they need to be up to date in giving donations and regular at meetings for the wonderful food such as they are reading at the moment. And how they should be sending in their money and not planning for retirement because it's so close.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

jwdaughter - I'm sure they may do that somehow, the JW's w/ a huge estate and loads of money, to sign over to the WT for when they die. To not appear to be completely corrupt they will throw in occassional bro. Hineykisser who is broke as broke gets but only because bro. richestate they've signed up as well will more than cover his expenses when he passes. But you wouldn't find any filled up with the poor ones unless there is a guaranteed profit somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit