What did Jesus really mean, when he said he had made his Father's name known?

by Faithful Witness 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Just as Jesus followers were expecting him to return in their lifetimes, they were expecting to have access to JW.org around that time.

But as history shows, Jesus and JW.org were not to return until about 2,000 years later to fulfill the prophesy.

Rub a Dub

• designs
    designs

According to John 6:52-58 eating the flesh and blood of Jesus equates to eating the Father.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Faithfull Witness,

Here is one approach that you might take.

Consider the prayer that Jesus Christ taught:

Matthew 6:9-13

"‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10  Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth. 11  Give us today our bread for this day; 12  and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13  And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’

Can you surmise from this that the most important thing that concerns Jesus Christ is the sanctification of God's name?

Perhaps Jesus Christ was concerned that his fathers name would be reproached at sometime in the future.

If that is the case then who in this world is using God's name in a prolific way?

Jehovah's Witnesses!

So are the Jehovah's Witnesses sanctifying God's name?

or

Are the Jehovah's Witnesses bringing reproach and defamation to the name of God?

Perhaps you or any other poster could begin listing things in this thread where Jehovah's Witnesses are defaming the actual name of God and prove that Jesus Christ's concern was entirely valid!

abe

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Faithfull Witness,

If God's name really is Jehovah then, what worldwide organization is causing God's name to be profaned in every nation?

Ezekiel 36:23

And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, which YOU profaned in the midst of them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among YOU before their eyes.

abe

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Stop. Stop. Stop.

For the love of your own immediate family and for your own well being: stop.

Stop studying in their material. Notice how you are simply not allowed to socialize, or even bring up your own materials to discuss and/or set aside their malarkey machines? You are playing their game, on their grounds, with their rules and their game pieces. Yeah. You keep going like you are and you'll be knocking on all of our doors soon enough, with a sappy grin on your face and a somewhat trapped, vacant and confused look in your eyes. You will lose everything, including yourself.

Unless you really, really want to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you need to stop associating with anyone via their direct indoctrination program. It is designed to bring people in, even when they are resistant to it. The books are made that way. The talks all have outlines that way.

Seriously.

Does Miss K have anything to do with you outside of her counting time studying/witlessing to you?

It's indoctrination.

And you are going about it from the big end of the funnel (how they trap everyone) instead of staying the hell outside the whirlpool (studying, going to meetings, etc), which is exactly how they trapped every single person here.

Start looking into "persuasive coercion" techniques. Learn how cults get a person to do something that they ordinarily would never do in their life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aw_5cmCwoc

Armageddon is the same as hell fire (scare tactic in order to keep your mind trapped through fear), and about as real as God making a wonderfully mild summer for bible printing. Meanwhile, people are starved in another part of the globe. Rapings, and other various forms of torture and imprisonment are the norm. Diseases run rampant (cancer is a real killer in my family. My mom, older sis and brother all died from different types). Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, wild fires, droughts, floods... but God only saw fit to give the Watchtower printery a fine summer for printing. Not save any lives or making sure people didn't end up homeless because of financial destitution, what-not, or save them from any of the above.

Wanting to have hope is not a crime. Being exploited because of your hope is something entirely different.

Like I told my husband the other day: The watchtower, like many other cults, use the bible exactly how others use a Ouija board: They can make it say anything they want, just to fulfill any immediate agenda.

Spend your time learning about indoctrination techniques. Learn about "loaded language" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_language). Study how other cults indoctrinate and see the outcome of their victims (yes, victims).

To start off, here is Steve Hassan: "How Big Is the Phenomenon of "Undue Influence" ?"

http://vimeo.com/58541337

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

I made it partway thru "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop, which describes her upbringing in a fundamentalist Mormon cult (polygamy being the main deviant feature). What struck me while reading it was the chapter where as a child, they played the "armageddon game". God was going to bring destruction to the earth, so they better hide and get ready for the deaths of all non-believers! Sound familiar? Same goddamned teaching as JWs and for the same godforsaken reasons, too: instill fear fear fear and "do as we say" mentality out of their adherents.

"Listen, obey and be blessed bamboozled".

There's so much info out there. In my opinion, the best solution is to simply do as Jesus said: love god and treat others well. But don't get roped into the jackassery by becoming one of watchtower's mind-slaves. It does damage and hurts in more ways than you can count.

If Miss K isn't a true friend now (accepting you as who you are currently), she will never be, no matter what path you take. She is simply trying to recruit you, which is the gateway to getting your whole family in, too.

Social psychology can be a real bitch at times.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

If God's name really is Jehovah then, what worldwide organization is causing God's name to be profaned in every nation?

Ezekiel 36:23

And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, which YOU profaned in the midst of them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among YOU before their eyes.

NBC DATELINE: Expose on Jehovah Witnesses Pedophile Coverup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpXKzPwrA9s

Does this profane God's name?

Team 10 obtains video of admitted child molester in Jehovah's Witnesses

http://www.10news.com/investigations/team-10-obtains-video-of-admitted-child-molester-in-jehovahs-witnesses07222013

Jehovah'sWitnesses ordered to pay $21 million in child sex abuse case

http://www.examiner.com/article/jehovah-s-witnesses-ordered-to-pay-21-million-child-sex-abuse-case

Is Jesus Christ's most pressing concern being given any due diligence through the Jehovah'sWitnesses?

And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, (by the Jehovah's Witnesses!!!!!!)

Holy be thy name!

abe

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Thank you all for taking the time to read and respond. I appreciate the input, and some great points were made.

Gentledawn: Thanks for the video. Great illustration. You are right. Just as others have been telling me for a few months... Game over with Miss K. I'm not going to allow her to continue to manipulate me. I've been kind, I listened to her points, and I did my own research.

I have come to realize that it is time to stop playing games with Miss K. She does not realize she has been deceived, and it is not my job to change her mind. She loves her version of the "truth," and she is happy as a JW.

I have cancelled our meeting for tomorrow, and have told her to check back with me in 2 weeks. I have important family commitments next week, and I can't be distracted and consumed with these JW issues right now. I sincerely doubt that even entertaining and humoring Miss K, is going to win me any favor with my family members anyway. They are all going to do, whatever they decide (or are convinced) to do.

It is sad and hard to admit, but it is true. My family has been ripped apart by this cult, and even though I feel helpless to change it, I just have to turn my focus back toward the ones who matter most in my life: my own children.

Hopefully, we can still work things out with my parents. I don't want my kids to continue being left out, just because I woke up before joining this organization.

It is time to just be honest. I will stop pretending to be "interested" in what Miss K has to say. After reading the first few chapters of that Teach book, I realize I just can't stomach it again. It is insulting, and I'm not going to give it anymore of my time.

I did go to my public library, and found enough evidence to convince me that the Watchtower is not speaking for God, and never has been.

I need to stop people-pleasing, and realize that I am simply outgunned right now. If there is a way to reach my family, this definitely is not it. Enough is enough. I'm taking back my Friday afternoons!

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

faithfull witness; you will be back here next week with the same story on how miss wt zombie and sister head of rocks. are twisting your brain so you can get back your family... it's not going to happen . you don't have the NERVE TO ASK THE HARD QUESTIONS. EITHER BECOME A JW and get back your family or ask miss wt zombie to bring the 1914 wt's and all 6 volumes studies in the scriptures over to prove jesus choose the wt in 1918 . . \AND i'LL GIVE YOU 2 VERSEWS TO USE acts 17;11 and 1 thes ;5;21 prove all thing true !!!!! ttill then the way you are going your wasting your time but they are counting time screwing with your brain. what your doing is not going to work .... been there 29 years ago.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

Thank goodness. (((hugs)))

You are doing the best thing both for yourself and for your immediate family.

To give you my own story as an example: I was contacted 25yrs ago. It was a few years later when I was baptized. When 1995 rolled around with the "AWAKE!" masthead change (http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/generation.php#1995), my former bible study conductor changed. She was distraught, angry, sullen to everyone around herself, except toward me. She even came to my house out of the blue and gave me a vague, non-specific apology. She was in so much pain but couldn't communicate it. By 2000-2001 she had disassociated herself.

Her family had been one of those "pillars of the congregation" types. She was a full-time pioneer, her son had gone to Bethel and was on the RBC (regional building committee), her children auxiliaried (pioneer) and her husband was a MS or elder. Everyone in their family left at the same time except her husband. She got a divorce a year or so later.

So, it can happen. Something could come down the watchtower pike that is impossible for a person to swallow and they will wake up for real.

Again, you are doing the right thing by cutting off the indoctrination channel.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, interesting story, Gentledawn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit