Good Netflix shows to watch

by Simon 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I finally got around to watching THE WIRE (after everybody raved about it).

It is on HBO(GO).

I fell in love with the series. It kept getting better and better and better.

Wow-incredible from start to finish.

I just completed the last season (5) and I want to hang myself because there aren't any more!

THE WIRE is a definite must see.

TRUE DETECTIVE is quite wonderful. I blazed through all of season one episodes in no time.

Very dark, off the wall, compelling, fascinating, amazing, and surprising.

• smiddy
    smiddy

How about Boardwalk Empire ,Manhatton ,I agree about True Detective ,excellent .and Fargo.

smiddy

• Simon
    Simon
    I haven't seen Fargo on our Canadian Netflix - it's something I want to see.
  • fiddler
    fiddler

I haven't watched much of Netflix for a week now because I'm bummed because I finished Season 9 of Supernatural.  Damn! I gotta wait for Season 10 to come out on Netflix.  My daughter got me into this series  it's not my usual fare but Sam and (especially) Dean are good looking and the old classic rock music is great!  It's I guess a perfect blend of humor and blood splattering the screen.

Carry on My Wayward Sons!

a little caveate: the GB specifically warned against 'Sam & Dean' so then I HAD to watch it LOL

i also like Torchwood, Warehouse 13, Dr. Who, Sherlock Holmes and Once Upon A Time.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I just watched the first two episodes of Dicte. (subtitled)

The lead is cast as a woman who was raised a Jehovah's Witness. She gave birth as a teen and was forced to give up her baby. She returns to her home town as an adult and works as an investigative reporter.

The scenes with her mother and father shunning her are well done.

The trailer shows a brief clip of Dicte tearing the letters off the Kingdom Hall.

Good series. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydqzuZuyMsM

• Simon
    Simon

:thumbsup: to DrWho, Sherlock and Once Upon a Time - we enjoy all those.

I need to find the 2nd series of Äkta Människor (Real Humans) - a Swedish series about humanoid robots (hubots) that is really good.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Simon...

Did you ever get a chance to check out Hemlock Grove?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I don't think anybody has said "Heroes" yet.  

When I first saw it, first clicked to watch it, I thought it was going to be a very corny show I wouldn't even get through the first episode. Once you get watching it, you're hooked.  It's hard to not keep watching episode after episode to find out what happens next. Anyway I was surprised how much I liked it, when expecting to not like it at all.  

These next 2 are not shows but I recommend everybody watching them, they could change your life for the better. 

"Food Inc" and "Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead".  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit