Reverse Shunning

by mrhhome 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

I'm with Crazyguy....your goal should be peace, with you the rational peacemaker. It's a win-win.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You and your wife should be a united front so run through some scenarios with her and decide how you will respond.

I suggest you distance yourself a little. There's a huge grey area between shunning and total acceptance. I would suggest treating them as rarely-seen relatives. If they stay in your home, have guest towels assigned, show them where the amenities are, and have an itinerary of interesting activities to do while they are in town. If you need more distance, recommend a local hotel.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, and I am a big believer in two personalities trapped in the Witness. If you don't want the cultic side to show, don't press the religious issues. If she brings it up, give a glib answer and change the subject to a personal interest of hers. I can get a Witness to flip on a dime and I can have a long and interesting conversations about a hobby or interest of theirs.

• mrhhome
    mrhhome

I have decided that I will respond to the situation as it develops.

If they play nice, I will play nice. If they don't, I will punch them in the nose. If I see BS, I will call it as such.

I have also decided that I am not keeping my wife's and mother's secrets from her Dad anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit