I hope this is the right place for this...

by moSIS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Mosey, I feel like I know you. Not sure why.

• twice shy
    twice shy

moSIS- I'd like to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses.. but I'm just so underqualified to serve Jehovah.

Trust yourself and go with your first mind. If you feel like that now, I can almost assure you that it will only get worse if you were to get baptized.

You could get so caught up in trying to progress and move forward spiritually that you never ask yourself "what if I make a mistake or how would I feel if I was announced as no longer being a publisher or even worse; being announced as no longer being a witness?" What if I just change my mind and want to walk away or just try something different?

Before you make a decision that will affect the rest of your life...Please put the books and magazines down and just pray and read the bible for yourself.

Welcome and I sure hope you walk away from this site knowing you are more than qualified to serve Jehovah right now and that you don't have to get baptized to do it.

May Jehovah led you to the "truth about the truth."

Be well.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

my trusty old pal Google brought me here a few times in my searching and I decided to try my Qs here.

I'm gald you returned.

Please ask ANY questions you like here. You will get frank answers, differing opinions but it's real.

As for wanting to become a JW, don't be fooled by the initial 'love bombing' and false promises. Investigate everything!! Please. Investigate like the Boreans did. Don't let the honeymoon period of the watchtower suck you in. Becoming a JW is a very big step and once made there is no going back. If you try to leave you will likely be shunned and snubbed by those you thought were your good friends.

Consider all things.

What ACTUALLY have you learned?

Do you think the obvious contradiction of these two statements should give you cause for concern about the watchtower organisation? Answer honestly to yourself...no need to reply here...

Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28) "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

Watchtower 2012 Apr 15 p.12 "What if we have a relative or a close friend who is disfellowshipped? Now our loyalty is on the line, not to that person, but to God. Jehovah is watching us to see whether we will abide by his command not to have contact with anyone who is disfellowshipped.—Read 1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

Consider just one example of the good that can come when a family loyally upholds Jehovah’s decree not to associate with disfellowshipped relatives. A young man had been disfellowshipped for over ten years, during which time his father, mother, and four brothers “quit mixing in company” with him. At times, he tried to involve himself in their activities, but to their credit, each member of the family was steadfast in not having any contact with him. After he was reinstated, he said that he always missed the association with his family, especially at night when he was alone. But, he admitted, had the family associated with him even a little, that small dose would have satisfied him. However, because he did not receive even the slightest communication from any of his family, the burning desire to be with them became one motivating factor in his restoring his relationship with Jehovah."

Why not have a look at http://www.jwfacts.com/

• Mum
    Mum

You sound very obedient. I don't know how old you are, but you need to learn that you should have been taught to think things through and make good decisions and choices. Obedience is for infants who might harm themselves if they do something dangerous that is beyond the realm of their experience and understanding. As an adult, you need to know what is appropriate and in your best interest. If you want to be a compliant, obedient JW, you should read the material in advance and highlight some of the stupidity they have written in the publication-for-drones.

If you want to be an adult, you should think about whether going to this meeting is what you want and what is appropriate for you. You also need to read some other material about the topic that was not written by JW's in order to get a more balanced view.

Best wishes for a happy life ahead. Welcome to the forum!

• KateWild
    KateWild

moSIS,

Thank you for replying my question. That was kind of you. You said....................

I'd like to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses.. but I'm just so underqualified to serve Jehovah. Honestly, I don't see that happening, there are just such better people that Jehovah can use.-moSIS

This is how the magazines are designed to make us feel. WT want us to continually try harder and do more to be worthy. I am not surprised to learn that you enjoyed the meeting due to the fact that the CO's wife was nice to you and the CO had a charasmatic personality and his talk was funny and easy to listen to. As Punky has mentioned this is called "love bombing". JWs pay a lot of attention to you and draw you in with their love.

I noticed though you didn't mention much as regards to doctrines or policies, this is the dangerous part that many on this site want to warn you about. I reiterate what Punky suggested. To learn the full facts about the JWs please check out jwfacts.com and learn why some leave the WT.

Take care

Love Kate xx

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

moSIS,

Thanks for the response. If I may ask another question, even if its only for you to think about. What makes you think that you are "unworthy to serve jehovah"? I don't think there is anything biblically that would suggest that is even a thing. Try not to view yourself in such a negative light. Humility is not self defeating, it is strengthening.

I was raised one of jehovahs Witnesses myself, but stopped going a year ago. The blood issue came up with one of my kids, and it made me want to "re-study" it. Once I did, I realized I did not agree with what i had always taken for granted as true. I allowed myself to study material freely, and I just came to different conclusions than the guys in charge.

Honestly, that wasn't a huge deal for me. What WAS a huge deal for me, was that if i even gently expressed those thoughts to ANYONE, I was dragged into meetings, slandered, and told I could be disfellowshipped. It was quite shocking.

So my advise to all young people raised as JW's like I was, was simply to allow them the God given freedom they have at their disposal, to REALLY research all sides of an issue. Open your mind.

Can't go wrong.....its just learning. :)

Welcome again!

• Mum
    Mum

My daughter just reminded me of something: My granddaughter was not brought up as a JW. However, once when she visited her still-a-JW grandpa (my first husband), he took her to the book study. She was about 7 years old at the time. Afterwards, my daughter asked her what she thought of it. Her simple reply was, "They're insane!"

Out of the mouths of babes! Of course, she was not love bombed or otherwise manipulated as a potential convert might be. She was just there as the grandchild of one of their own.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

RVW, I feel I know moSIS somewhere before as well, can quite put my finger on it.

• GonzoX
    GonzoX

Just always keep in mind that you will be in very great danger if you refuse to do what the apostle John INSTRUCTED every Christian to do - " Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world." (1 John 4:1)

Actually if you follow the advice of 1 John 4:1, you would be in grave danger because that would mean your thinking. The GB does not want you to do that. If you start thinking, you are guaranteed to see they are full of BS.

My advice, STAY AWAY!

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Mosis - It's really awesome that you have a desire to Serve Jehovah..Whether you decide to serve him in the Kingdom Hall, or not please remember that your loyalty should always be to God and no one else. Along your spiritual Journey you will encounter many individuals or organizations biding for your time, your mind and your devotion.. Do not follow anyone except for Jehovah! Do not follow any example except for Jesus' example.

You absolutely are good enough, to be accepted by Jehovah, and your thinking that you Are not acceptable is proof that you are acceptable.

Luke 14:11 - " For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

2 Samuel 22:28 " You save the humble, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them low."

Humility & Love are the 2 most important qualities that you can develop..

If I can give you some very valuable advice.. Pray to Jehovah honestly, and sincerely and ask him to lead you to the Truth, make a promise to him that you willl follow his direction ANYWHERE it leads you.. if you pray this and mean it, you will quickly understand who Jehovah truly is.

Shalom

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit