I hope this is the right place for this...

by moSIS 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moSIS
    moSIS

Please don't attack me if this is the wrong place! I'm new here!

I know that I definitely shouldn't be on this website, but I am to embarassed to ask anyone at my hall! Everyone would be so nice, but I just feel like I should know the answers already.

First, a little background: I've been around the truth forever, but I grew up in a divided home and my attendance hasn't been regular in service and whatnot. Anyway my dad never took me to the meetings regularly enough for me to be familiar with everything. So, this is my first CO visit where I will be attending both meetings! We already had the regular Thursday study, but I'm not sure what will happen on the second one. I guess I shouldn't really worry about it since it will be the last one like it... but still, I would like to know how to prepare! I can't ask my dad, I think it would make him feel bad, so here I am! Thanks friends! :)

-MoSIS

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

First ceremonially wash yourself and anoint your head with oil.

Then put your under wear on inside out as dictated by secret rules of the

sacred Governing Body, while chanting " I will obey" " I will obey" "I will obey"

Then gather up all the Watchtowers in the house and take them into

the backyard and make a large circle by laying them end to end.

Get inside the circle and set them on fire and dance around singing

"I worship the organization and I will obey "

When they are burned up, go in the house and prepare for the meeting by

dressing in the most boring clothes you own and be prepared to sit through

another mindless droning of some blithering idiot bragging about how great

the organization is and how priviledged you are to be there.

Then put all your money in the donation box.

• SyntaxError1974
    SyntaxError1974

2nd meeting is just book study now called bible study followed by an hour talk from the CO

• smiddy
    smiddy

moSIS

I know that I definitely shouldn't be on this website.

So while your here make the most of it.

Type any question you like in the search button at the top of this screen and be prepared to have your eyes opned .

By the way , welcome to the forum.

smiddy

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome.it never crossed my mind to attack you until you asked me not to. Now I really want to. Words are powerful mosey . You're a newbie and just glad to have you..Oh, here!!

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I highly recommend the 'JQG' (TM) method for dealing with JW meetings: Just Quit Going!!! Why even listen to that garbage any longer?? If you HAVE to attend, just engage in some pleasant daydreaming while The CO is spouting his utter rubbish. But untimately, the real answer is to Just Quit Going!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi there,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm glad you're here. Maybe someone will understand what you want to know more than I do and give you a serious answer. Anyway, welcome!

Hortensia

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You just have to learn how to wing-it.

If they are studying a book you didn't bring just read your bible (or pretend to), also pretend to take notes everyone will just assume you're very studious. Do it with confidence and a thoughtful look on your face and nobody will be any the wiser. Good luck.

• KateWild
    KateWild

moSIS,

Hi and welcome to the site. Well done for taking the courage to post here.

You will be studying the "Draw Close to Jehovah" book ch7 para 18-22 box on page 70. You can find this information in the May KM

http://www.mediafire.com/view/440j1bvvci379vf/Kingdom_Ministry_May_2014.pdf

Most of us here want to warn you about how the meetings and WT are damaging to you. We have all in some way been abused by the WT organisation. We are not bitter, we just want to protect you from harm. You have been brave to post here well done.

moSIS, how was the COs meeting? Did you learn anything useful or meaningful? Do you really want to become a Jehovah's Witness someday in the future?

Take care

Kate xx

• Splash
    Splash

Hi moSIS, nice to see you here.

If the CO has a theme going for the week, he may tie his Thursday talk into what he gave you on Tuesday.

I find the CO talks more interesting than the regular Sunday talks - he's normally a much better speaker.

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit