BOE: Re: Midweek meetings during visit of circuit overseer

by pixel 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

How amusing - I was in a crowded Hall that would always have our meeting switched to Friday. I had ceased seeing what the priority was with not missing a meeting a couple years ago, so since I normally had plans on a Friday night I didn't bother going. The few times I did, attendance was half was what it normally would have been.

Family worship as a single parent is just another source of stress. For all the talk about inviting single parent families to join another family, I never heard or saw it happen in our hall. Funny thing is, I always made sure to invite "friends" to my home for socializing.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Maybe the CO'sw and their wives are burnt out also. For them, the 2 week night meetings never stopped.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This thread takes me back to the good old days. There was a special Saturday meeting and Tuesday meeting, There was also an added talk on Thursday and Sunday.

Oh so boring.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gosh, I was getting quite dizzy with the unexpected stability. I think we had a whole week without any changes. Now the waters have got choppy again I feel more somehow, secure.

• Tech49
    Tech49

So heres an interesting point that I havent heard yet....if the Congregation Bible Study meeting is now cancelled on the week of the CO visit....that means that the CO and his wife NEVER will have to attend a formal meeting to discuss the material on a congregation level. It is ok for them to study it privately. I thought that the purpose of their visit was to encourage and build up the brothers, to get to know the congregations. Pretty hard to do that with 1 evening meeting, ya think?

So then, by extension, "evidently", is it ok for everyone else to skip that part of the meeting, on "regular" weeks, as well? What happened to "not forsaking the gathering of one another?"

Tech49

• sir82
    sir82

that means that the CO and his wife NEVER will have to attend a formal meeting to discuss the material on a congregation level. It is ok for them to study it privately.

Interesting thought....

I wonder if this is just step 1 in the elimination of that meeting entirely and cutting the midweek meeting to 1 hour?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit