BOE: Re: Midweek meetings during visit of circuit overseer

by pixel 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

You read it here first!

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS
    Re: Midweek meetings during visit of circuit overseer

Dear Brothers:

This is to inform you that effective September 1, 2014, there will be only one midweek congregation meeting during the visit of the circuit overseer. The meeting will be scheduled on Tuesday evening and will include the Theocratic Ministry School, the Service Meeting, and a service talk by the circuit overseer. This adjustment should help ensure that the arrangement for weekly family worship is maintained even during that busy week of theocratic activity. The ma- terial for the Congregation Bible Study that week should be considered on a personal basis, per- haps during family worship.

We send our warm Christian love.

Pix.

• pixel
    pixel

Bump

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

"busy week of theocratic activity" - How a single phrase can take you back to the dark ages!

But that's nice, everyone moans that they go back to the 2 mid-week meetings for CO visit now anyway.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Thank you!

I wonder why this is. Maybe they'll have an "elders' meeting" on the Thursday night, or move the Friday evening meeting for Elders and MS to Thursday so people can have a break between then and Saturday.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Ironically, if a JW were to skip one of the meetings during the CO visit, even if it was to stay home and do personal study, they'd surely be judged, maybe even counselled, for not appreciating "Jehovah's™ spiritual provisions".

But when WT cancels one of the mtgs., permanently, now it's a 'gift' that will help a JW focus more on spiritual things. Hypocrites!!

• pixel
    pixel

That's one less talk by the CO.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks for this info. Everything seems to be becoming less, meetings, aux pioneer hours, assemblies etc. Maybe the rank and file are just too busy earning a living the WT want to lighten the load to imprrove the zeal and maintain numbers. Possible?

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Adapt or die, that's the choice. Of course, if GOD was really directing them, they wouldn't need all these "adjustments" to survive.

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This is good news. One less talk by the always charismatic CO may help in my endeavor to get my wife to wake up. Hopefully I'll only have to attend one or two more CO visits anyway, but I suspect it's going to take longer than that.

It's funny, as the reduction in meeting length and the reduction of the number of meetings was one of the many small pushes that made me reexamine things. I just couldn't reconcile their constant urging to think to yourself that the end will be the day after tomorrow with the reduction in activity. Surely if the end is so near, we should be ramping up!

• twice shy
    twice shy

They are slowly, but continually taking away the meetings. YAY!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit