Look! It was very good – or: Evil in the Animal Kingdom

by TheOldHippie 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I have fed a number of birds regularly thru winter, and among the species were some doves. This spring, two of them took a liking for each other and teamed up. For a couple of weeks, extensive construction work was jointly done and resulted in a nice little nest, undoubtedly a cosy home for the small family which expected to multiply. I could follow their daily chores from a window. And luck struck, as a couple of weeks ago four nice, spotted eggs were to be seen. I enjoyed watching the unfolding events.

Others were watching too.

A gang of crows never interfered or troubled the happy couple in any way, they were just watching, and from time to time checked in on the progress. The male dove would be out looking for food, leaving the female alone, but the crows did not bother her. Perhaps they were happy, too, on behalf of the fellow birds, the doves, that they were successfull, a naive observer could think. The crows continued to bother nobody.

Until one day just recently.

In the twinkling of an eye they formed a hunting party, and carefully organized, just like a chimp or whale hunting party, within a couple of seconds made a swift aimed attack at the nest. My yells and knockings at the window did not scare them this time, as opposed to what it had always done before if they tried to steal food from the other birds. With beaks, claws and wings they managed to drive the doves away and make the nest turn upside down and fall to the ground with its precious little eggs. These smashed to the ground – and the crows hurriedly ate them.

The doves could do nothing but watch. They circled a few times above the scattered pieces of egg shells and straw, and flew away, and I have not seen them since.

And to my mind came only one thought, Genesis 1:31:

“After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good “

And subsequently also Psalm 104:24:

“How many your works are, O Jehovah! You have made all of them in wisdom. The earth is full of what you have made.“

• Zoos
    Zoos

And so goes the circle of life.

Just like God designed it.

• cofty
    cofty

The natural world is perfectly designed to maximise suffering.

• steve2
    steve2

When people cry out, Let's return to nature, I shudder: clearly they've never been up and personal with the animal or insect kingdoms: vicious, violent, rapacious, relentless. Thank humans for civilization and, in modern times, a growing movement for human rights above the "natural" "laws" of the jungle. To know nature, is to be fully informed about its mercilessly bullying ways and to thwart the Pollyanish romanticism that sucks people in with its gullible imagery of rainbows, doves and lions lying down with lambs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And to my mind came only one thought, Genesis 1:31:

“After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good “

And subsequently also Psalm 104:24:

“How many your works are, O Jehovah! You have made all of them in wisdom. The earth is full of what you have made.“

................... Crows Destroyed Dove Eggs!..

.........................I`m a Friggin Genius!!.........................................CrowAgeddon...

.................................................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• zebagain
    zebagain

Atouching story and true. I recommend a 12g with number 6 shot for the crows. and anyone who has seen what they do to ewes that have just given birth and to the lambs.

Steve2: gullible imagery indeed. I believe urban living people have watched too much Disney type shows.

• stillin
    stillin

Crows are smart. They learned very quickly that they are not wanted around here. I never see them here anymore. and they seem to have taught their children to do the same.

• KateWild
    KateWild

This reminds me of what has happened to our family. We live in a world full of cruelty. We need to remain kind to make our world a better place. Kate xx

• 88JM
    88JM

It's been mentioned before, but see also - gestation of the tiger shark: http://www.livescience.com/29198-shark-embryos-cannibalize-others.html

Or jewel wasps: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_cockroach_wasp

All part of God's wonderful creation, folks!

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit