Why did God/Jehovah/Jesus create Viruses and bacteria that can kill humans and animals?

by Jon Preston 63 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Life was all bacteria for over 2 billion years.

Every cell in our bodies is a chimera of a bacterium and an archaea.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Sniff sniff, cough cough damn cold again oh no its in my chest I hope its not the flu sigh....thank you god I love your little viruses!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Whilst I do believe there is abundant evidence for an intelligent, wise and loving creator, there is much not revealed or explained in scripture.

Until experience, science and/or God supply the answer we can often only speculate.

I also believe that despite many great scientific breakthroughs and discoveries we are still only beginning to scratch the surface and will in future be stunned by our ignorance.

This makes me think of renowned physicist Lord Kelvin who in 1895, in spite of observing birds fly, declared that "heavier than air flying machines are impossible". The Wright brothers proved him wrong only 8 years later.

More recently the medical establishment at first laughably rejected Prof Barry Marshall's discovery of the Helicobacter Pylori bacterium and its role in stomach ulcers. It took 23 years before he was awarded a Nobel prize for this discovery.

Our best scientific minds also believed the jet engine to be impossible right up to its development.

Despite great advances in Western medicine 9 out of 10 Australians have a 100% chance of getting AND dying from Chronic Disease.

In short we humans are not as clever as we sometimes imagine.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Im sorry comatose, my apologies lol

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Jon,

Good Question.. I don't know the answer, and I've never thought about it but I'll take a shot.

1. Adam & Eve were created in the Garden of Eden, which was not Earth. (There was the Garden of Eden,Paradise,Earth - Adam & Eve we're kicked out of the Garden into Paradise - Cain was kicked out of Paradise onto the Earthe that we now know.) The Garden was possibly on the Solid Thick Ice Firmament, 15 Spiritual Cubits above Earth.

2. Adam & Eve had their Nature changed, from that of a Angelic/Physical nature, to that of Purely Physical.. This is the reason, that they saw that they were naked, they no longer had a Angelic aspect to their bodies.

- God clothed, and provided Physical Aspects that would make their lives on earth possible.

3. As for Animals, there are a few possible factors to consider.

- In the book of Jasher, you will see that the Fallen Angels, taught men the secrets of Inbreeding & Outbreeding. Once Inbreeding was introduced, animals became degraded and much weaker in Physical Nature. (This answers the question of how all the animal species could have fit into an ark.. Possibly there were not 100s of thousands of original breeds originally, and God Destroyed the unnatural breeds, that were susceptible to Disease and further degradation.

- This may also explain why Animals are Violent & even perverted at times.

- Since Some Viruses & Bacteria, do help us now, it is possible that all Viruses & Bacteria were created for the purpose of supporting different races of animal. (Not sure here)

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

No objective...and especially not if the flood happened when most christians say....did they inbreed koalas and kangaroos in australia? And youre number 1) is downright wonky....whats a spiritual cubit?

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

God created evolution which created bacteria and viruses in order for intelligent life to evolve. The reason he didn’t create it all instantly and without a preceding process like evolution as some believe, is because without science, or as it was called before the subject was ever formalised by humans, comprehension, there would be no ability to effect the surrounding world and hence no freedom.

Death was created by God in order to give real meaning and purpose in this life. Good cannot exist without bad and these two subjects themselves have meaning precisely because they are linked with each other, as well the physical world we live in, and also by extension, the laws of physics that underpin the universe. Remove bad and good has no meaning because freedom to choose one or the other is gone. Remove good, and again bad has no relevance in terms of choice, and hence is no longer bad because we would not have the ability to choose and be like a non-feeling computer that has no inner experience. Remove both good and bad and choice does not exist.

Life and death are simply the physical outworking of the physics that allows the universe to exist, namely entropy and order. When these two aspects of creation affect human beings, it gets called good and bad. An earthquake is part of how the world works as a place that can support life. If the earthquake kills people, it is called bad by humans, but as part of a system that supports life it is seen as good, even though it is the same process at work in both cases. The same principle is true for bacteria and viruses.

As Hebrew 9: 27 says:

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,

Death not being part of life is not a biblical teaching, it is a WT teaching that is in error as per normal.

Also as Isaiah says:

Isaiah 45:7

"I form light and create darkness, I make goodness and create disaster. I am the LORD, who does all these things..”

Some translations even use the word evil in this verse that God creates. However it is choice that God creates because choice depends on the ability to choose good or bad and meaning and purpose on life and death. God created the physical world so the mathematical logic of these things could have substance and us life. So thank goodness for viruses and bacteria and life and death.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

YES Preston! Noah is instructed to build the ark 30 cubits high in Genesis 6:15 - "This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be three hundred cubits long, fifty cubits wide and thirty cubits high."

Genesis 7:19,20 - "And the waters prevailed so mightily on the earth that all the high mountains under the whole heaven were covered. 20The waters prevailed above the mountains, covering them fifteen cubits deep"

From the second book of Adam and Eve -

6 But Seth and his children did not like earthly work, but gave themselves to heavenly things; for they had no other thought than praises, doxologies, and psalms unto God. 7 Therefore did they at all times hear the voices of angels, praising and glorifying God; from within the garden, or when they were sent by God on an errand, or when they were going up to heaven. 8 For Seth and his children, by reason of their own purity, heard and saw those angels. Then, again, the garden was not far above them, but only some fifteen spiritual cubits.

9 Now one spiritual cubit answers to three cubits of man, altogether forty−five cubits.

The Firmament was 30 Cubits above the highest mountains. - The Ark was built 30 cubits high, which means that it was high enough to reach the Firmament if it was still there, and had not been depleted from the water that came from it.

Why do you mention Koalas and Kangaroos?

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Other mentions of the Garden of Eden in the Bible Post - Flood.

Genesis 28:12 - "And he dreamed, and behold, there was a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven. And behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it!"

Genesis 11:4 - "Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth.”

They weren't trying to Build a tower to the Moon.. They were trying to Build a tower 45 Cubits High, or high enough to reach the Garden of Eden.

Enoch Ascended to Heaven.. But Jesus said, no one had ascended to Heaven, before him. It was not The Same Heaven..

In the Second Book of Enoch, Third Heaven is described as a location "between corruptibility and incorruptibility" containing the tree of Life.

At the end of the Millenium, the Garden of Eden and Paradise will again be joined - revelation 21:3 " And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband"

Its all there if you are willing to stop being so pessimistic, and just expand your horizons.

In order to answer your question, you first have to understand the Heavens & the Earth

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Seraphim - I don't agree that God "Made" Darkness,Evil or Death.

Rather I believe that it's an effect of his Eternal Laws.. in order for there to be order in the Universe there has to be Laws that are as consistent as Mathematics. If 2+2 = 4 Most of the time, but in certain instances God decides to intercede and make 2+2=5 The Universe would Fall Apart.. Even If he did it ONCE the Universe would ultimately be Destroyed.

One of his Eternal Laws, is that only he provides Light that prolongs life. When his creatures rebel, he withdraws his presence from them, and over time they decay and die.

I don't know if God created Evolution.. It seems contrary to his Perfection, if he creates something once, it is as Perfect as it is going to be. I have a suspicion that Whichever Fallen Angel first rebelled, he started to wreck havoc on the Earth.. This may explain Neandrethals. I don't know about this, but I do know that Fallen Angels have much more influence on this Earth,than we can fathom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit