I heard an interesting piece of information from a super-elder today

by Barrold Bonds 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

In 2114 they will be reading in their new publication about how Satan sure got a poke in the eye on the 100th aniversary way back in 2014 when they video conferenced a couple of DCs in London and Washington right under his minions noses.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

As believable as the trumpet blasts in Revelation!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

On the topic of potential heat-stroke etc. in the Washington area, (or anywhere else for that matter) I'd simply remove the compulsory tie & jacket, and wouldn't give a monkey's for what any judgmental automaton said or thought!

It would just make many others wish they had the backbone to do the same!

Doesn't TTATT set you free!!!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I wonder if any resolutions will be read? you know like these:

WT condemns Hitler....right after Rutherfraud tried to get into bed with him *

WT condemns the U.N.....right before WT got into bed with it.

Then WT will declare that it shook the world, put it on notice, and brought it to its knees for Jehovahâ„¢....meanwhile the world didn't even notice the fart.

* Hitler said "no"... he did have his standards. It's telling when even a genocidal maniac feels repulsed by WT.

• nugget
    nugget

People in Twickenham will be more concerned about the disruption to the traffic they will not even be aware of the 100 year anniversary. Honestly if God could build the Earth in 6 days you would have thought he would have got a lot more done in 100 years.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Landover, Maryland. My god, that brings back horrid memories. See, having been a child of the 1980's, I recall a different Landover Maryland venue. I recall my parents packing us all into a car and heading down nearly 2 hours on the absolutely crazy and traffic ridden I-95 DC beltway to get to the old Capital Centre. At least that place was (slightly) air-conditioned. It was July or August. It was 1983. I was 4. It was days upon DAYS of what is now considered "old light". What torture for a hyper little kid such as myself. Then, we got the "priviledge" of staying at a Society "approved" hotel efficiency appartment room, that was total crap. It was the last time my father ever stayed at anything "Society-Approved" ever again. Any warning in the KM about not doing so was perpetually laughed off by him after the 1983-84 summers.

I couldn't imagine going down into the mid-summer DC heat dressed in a suit listening to religious doctrine for 8-10 hours a day in an OPEN AIR VENUE. The Capital Centre was torn down years ago and a mall stands in it's place. I was the WTBTS would have been torn down with it. People will dropping over left and right from heat stroke. It will NOT be pleasant, I can assure you. People didn't give a crap when we were there 30 years ago. People won't care now. JW families will still let out a great sigh of relief at seeing their own beds upon returning home from this convention. Same sh*t, different decade.

- Wing Commander

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is the same hubris that motivates Elders to state, " The Assembly Halls are strategically located to be used as bases in the new world." So, if GOD can selectively destroy all evil without destroying all the infrastructure of "Satan's" world that is needed to make the above statement even remotely plausible,...... [ insert logical question]

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Barrold Bonds - "He said that (and these are his words not mine) 'the society' put a lot of effort, money, time into those two sites because they wanted to show the world on the 100th anniversary of god's kingdom, here were god's people right in the back yard of the capitals of the two biggest world powers."

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

jwfacts - "You think they would be embarrassed that the 100th anniversary of God's kingdom has passed and it has accomplished nothing, and no one knows anything about it."

Of course they are.

They can't show it, though, so they have to behave as though it's awesome that God's Kingdom has reached it's 100th Anniversary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit