I heard an interesting piece of information from a super-elder today

by Barrold Bonds 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Today I attended the Special Assembly Day (SAD lol). I overheard a conversation between an elder and another elder. We'll call this guy a super elder because he's on all sorts of committees in the area. He coordinates builds, assemblies, conventions, etc. You get the idea. Anyway, he was discussing with this other elder the international conventions. Most of the congregations are going to an international convention in Landover, MD, which is basically Washington DC. This brother was involved with several video conference meetings with the convention people at HQ and explaiend why Washington DC and London were chosen. He said that (and these are his words not mine) 'the society' put a lot of effort, money, time into those two sites because they wanted to show the world on the 100th anniversary of god's kingdom, here were god's people right in the back yard of the capitals of the two biggest world powers.

I thought to myself, 'does anyone in either city give a shit?' Fedex Field fills up to max capacity all the time for football events and I'm sure the place in London is the same deal. No one at all in the government cares. Typical JW hubris.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

This is the same kind of ego-centrism that causes them to make statements like "The Demons single out Witnesses, because they saw their children (The Nephilim) drowned in the flood, and they are incredibly angry at those that truly worship Jehovah." Whatever...

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds about right. Isn't the DC convo in late July/early August? What a wonderful time for people to be dressed up in suits, worst heat and humidity of the year and an outside venue.

The full arrogance of the GB on display for the whole world to see, I hope no elderly or children are overcome by heatstroke simply because the pricks known as the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses want to put on some fake "in your face" display to the Anglo American world power.

And the only thing the venue cares about is whether the check doesn't bounce. Ironic, isn't it?

• baltar447
    baltar447

They're legends in their own minds.... And that's ALL.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Nobody cares. Why don't they realize this????

• blondie
    blondie

LEGENDS IN THEIR OWN MINDS

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

lost: yes they picked the worst time of the year. For anyone who doesn't know, summers in this region are hot and HUMID. Outdoors in late july....ugh. heat stroke. I kinda have to go. I'm not going to put up with being hot like that though. I'll find shade or some air conditioned area.

I also can't imagine the pain in the ass it will be to keep your food from spoiling and your drinks from being piss warm. Try keeping that shit cool that long in the blisteirng heat. I will have zero problem taking a cab to a restaurant each day. Fuck that noise.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Pricks will simply use it as a publicity stunt.

I can see in now, in the revised Proclaimers book of 2064 they will point to the momentous convention held in the shadow of the White house in 2014. Premier Dickhead Anthony Morris III shouts down the Anglo American world power and directs all of mankind to bow to Jah's throne.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The ant farts and the elephant doesn't notice.

S

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

also another brother in the know indicated that assemblies will soon start utilizing the video tie-in shit. i suspect it will also include pre-recorded stuff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit