Aren't You Glad That You Are Out Of The JW Religion?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• moley
    moley

Hell yeah. Enough said.

• Pattytheperfectone
    Pattytheperfectone

After many years out feeling guilty and blaming myself for my families 'limited contact' due to my sinning ways I am finally guilt free and extremely glad I no longer believe I am going to die with all the 'evil worldly people'. Finding TTATT was the scariest anger inducing experience for me, yet also the most liberating thing ever!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am exceedingly glad that I am out. There is no way I could have stayed one more day.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I am in the same situation as Enlightenment123... a born in and the only one in my family who isn't still in. I don't show them scriptures, though, because they are blind. I pray they will learn the tatt one day and if He will use me in that effort, great! But if not, I pray it happens anyway. When I went to the memorial, I realized how far away I was from that and it made me so happy, but sad for them! I go to a baptist church now where I learned about Grace (undeserved kindness) and what it really means to have freedom in Christ. It took a while, though, to get through the "works based" teachings of earning our salvation. So glad I left and learned about Jesus!!!

• minimus
    minimus

My JW ill mom has witnesses around her a lot. I must say, they are extremely nice to me and treat me kindly. Still, I'd never want to go back.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have moved on, there is NOTHING that would bring me back. NOTHING!

But, I am not sure the most appropriate emotion would be "glad." Is it appropriate for you to be "glad" when a large, grotesque, cancerous, life sapping growth is removed from your body?

"Glad" seems a bit too casual under the circumstances.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

I had been out and happy to be out for several years when my daughter invited me to go with her to a District Convention a few years ago. Good God I was bored ****less! After that I was not just glad, I was ecstatic to be out of the JW religion!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i don't feel glad

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

lriddle80,

I can totally relate. Showing scripture has definitely backfired with my family. It also doesn't seem to be working with other witnesses that I and a group of people are trying to talk to on a website. They really are blind. They can't comprehend very simple things in scripture. They pretty well hate us and are very rude, and my family seems to be headed in that direction too.

Like you, I found Jesus and the real gospel and I couldn't be happier. The freedom and simplicity in Christ is life-altering. I also attend an incredible Baptist church. They preach the real gospel, not some other doctrine, and they are my family. All I can do is pray for my literal family and for all JWs, which I do constantly. In God's due time, if it is His will, He will open their eyes. Until then, all we can is pray and do our best to keep speaking and making known our Lord Jesus.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

My brain is exploding with new ideas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit