BOE - PDF - CONFIDENTIAL 2014-04-22 Adjustment in process for appointing elders and ministerial servants

by WatchTower87 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WatchTower87
    WatchTower87

BOE - CONFIDENTIAL

Instruction: press the 'skip ad' button top right, you should then see the download screen more easily

NO VIRUS ;-)

PDF VERSION: http://adf.ly/kvo4R

P.S.

We would appreciate your keeping this matter confidential until the letter is read to the congregation or circuit.

LOOOOOOOOOL

Good Read!!

WT87

• fakefading
    fakefading

Can someone make a mediafire link? Or copy and paste?

• bennyk
    bennyk

We live in interesting times.

This combined with the end of the DO's will give the CO's a great deal more power over the local Elders.

However, it will also enable a renegade ("conscious") CO the ability to do a great deal more damage to the Watch Tower Society.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Be careful, this posters' previous pdf link contained malware and the thread was deleted..

• defender of truth
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I appreciate the advance info but I have trouble with *many* posts from WatchTower87.

Some of his threads I cannot open because a window pops up asking me to open or save a file. I haven't even seen the thread info before getting that pop-up.

I headed someone elses advice that a recent link from WatchTower87 had a virus. So now I am triply dubious.

Where possible, I prefer that there be a cut-and-paste of the document info to read right here on JWN without being forced to link somewhere else. Having both the cut-and-paste and the link for those who want to view the actual document would be better - as long as that dang pop-up forcing to open or save does not automatically activate.

-Aude.

• L3G
    L3G

The point is that COs will now appoint/delete elders/MSs directly and not have to wait on the Service Department at Patterson. Power to the people, er, CO!!

Here it is:

April 22, 2014

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS
    Re: Adjustment in process for appointing elders and ministerial servants

Dear Brothers:

With regard to Paul and Barnabas’ visit to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, Acts 14:23 states: “They appointed elders for them in each congregation, offering prayer with fasting, and they entrusted them to Jehovah, in whom they had become believers.” Titus and Timothy evidently are also recorded as taking part in appointing elders in the congregations. (1 Tim. 5:22; Titus 1:5) In accord with this Scriptural precedent, the Governing Body has decided that effective September 1, 2014, circuit overseers will be responsible for the appointment and deletion of elders and ministerial servants. Additional information will appear in the November 15, 2014, issue of The Watchtower.

We request your continued prayers on our behalf as the preaching work is speeding up and more and more people are beginning to worship God by going to “the mountain of the house of Jehovah.” (Isa. 2:2) Please accept an expression of our warm Christian love.

Your brothers,

c: Traveling overseers PS to body of elders:

Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation at the first Service Meeting after its receipt or after the next Watchtower Study, whichever comes first. This postscript should not be read to the congregation, and the letter should not be posted on the information board. If the circuit overseer is visiting your congregation, he will read this letter at the conclusion of the next congregation meeting. At circuit assemblies and special assembly days, the letter will be read by the last speaker on the program at the conclusion of his talk. We would appreciate your keeping this matter confidential until the letter is read to the congregation or circuit.

In due course, further direction regarding the aforementioned adjustments will be provided to all bodies of elders.

xxxxxxxxxx

+++++++

No probs DLing for me. I hope it's OK to post it like this, that I'm not violating any forum rules...

• Watchtower-Free
  • Poztate
    Poztate

I headed someone elses advice that a recent link from WatchTower87 had a virus. So now I am triply dubious.

Some Anti-Virus programs are overly sensitive. I use Bitdefender and it is a little bit paranoid (and wrong) about seeing viruses

I have never had a problem with any of WT 87's downloads and thank him for his efforts to keep us informed

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

As if the males in the hall did not brown nose the CO already. These CO's are going to become like the pope, people will be kissing his arse in hopes of that "special blessing" i.e. "Please make me an elder" or "Please do not delete me as an elder". The green handshakes should be much more substantial also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit