Upcoming Surgery and Blood

by HeyThere 40 Replies latest watchtower medical

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Hey There, happy to hear that all went well and without incident! Also happy that you woke up before you were buried in the crazy cult that is jw land.

Look forward to your continued posts. (((hugs)))

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Glad to hear you made it through with no problems.

Get your rest.

Take care.

LoisLane

• Enlightenment123
    Enlightenment123

Very glad to hear that it went well! Get plenty of rest and take care of yourself! (hugs)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WTS really does have a love/hate relationship with it's convoluted transfusion policy.

One the one hand (according to reputable sources), they've been quietly trying to phase it out for some time, now (without actually looking like they're phasing it out, of course), out of fear of legal action from non-JW families who've lost dutiful JW relatives to the ban...

...on the other hand, to abandon it outright is tantamount to admitting it was wrong in the first place, and therefore the tens of thousands of JWs who died over the decades as a result of obeying the ban martyred themselves needlessly.

What's more, the angry non-JW families of those martyrs are therefore perfectly justified in their anger, and entitled to compensation at the very least...

Clearly, when Knorr and Fred Franz pulled the ban out of their collective ass back in the 50s, they never would have imagined in a million years that the policy might cause such a potential headache for the Org...

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

I was taken off guard by just how the women went on and on about no blood....and the blood videos are so completely biased and graphic! why would they think my 10 year old needed to watch it?!?

i cqn see how they have themselves cornered. to even have new lite regarding blood would be a huge risk....not only for lawsuits but also leaving the cult. that is a majordoctrine change and could wake many up.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So glad you came through the surgery OK.

To reach your husband in a non-confrontational way, may I suggest Steve Hassan's latest book? I'm married to a JW here too, so I know where you are coming from.

http://freedomofmind.com/

I had the same reaction to the blood videos as you did. My BS meter went off the charts. Earnest doctors in white lab coats? Really? If they were to treat this as strictly a religious prohibition, they should be willing and open to admit that such abstention can lead to death. Instead, they treat this life-saving medical treatment as if it were dangerous! Highly unethical in my view.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Glad everything turned out OK. My ex husband had two near death experiences due to blood loss and refused blood even though at the time he had been disfellowshipped for thirty years. I was still in at the time, but I thought he was crazy. What is the point of dying for a Doctrine of a religion you don't belong to? I guess the JW scare tactics had him still believing it was dangerous. He was very lucky to have lived, at one point his hemoglobin was down to three.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What about the DOCTORS conscience????? Why do the dubbies make everything into an issue about THEMSELVES all the bloody time??

Medics only want to do their BEST to save your life, then witlesseses demand to have their hands tied behind their back doing it..... and in one recent case SUED the doctor when the patient died!!!!

Whole blood transfusions are not given nowadays except in unusual situations. I needed red cells - did not - do not - feel bad about accepting them. It is a FRACTION of the blood. Why do they continue to make a fuss about kissing and slap and tickle - this is only a FRACTION of fornication.

its a lot of crap.

if I had to have a blood transfusion I would - the next issue of the Witchtower might say its okay any ways - not that I care anymore.

blood is safe nowadays - except in countries where it is bought from winos and dropouts needing cash.

HB

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

lisarose: my husband has told me he wouldnt want blood. it just pisses me off, this religion just makes stuff up and people follow. for born ins, it is all they know! those blood videos are scary so i can only imagine how frightened children are of blood....and they show this crap to kids! my husbamd is willing to listen about blood...when i first told him i did not believe jw, i asked if he would really let our child die if he needed a blood transfusion. i think that got him thinkimg but that is all he knows, he wont evem set foot in a church or even look at a different bible. the mind control jws have is just nuts.

HB....i am with you. i would get the blood wothut a doubt. this religion is false...i just hope i can get my h out of the grasp.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Hi, I missed this thread when you posted it. Happy to read that you are home recovering well and woke up to TTATT, before you got baptized.

I recently had a "worldly" friend ask me if I wanted all my videos about the blood doctrine back, as she was curious a couple years ago (when I was still in and witnessing) about the JW's and the blood doctrine. She wanted to see the medical evidence for it as she had wondered how safe transfusions were. She's someone I confided in when I decided to quickly fade so we shared a good laugh when I told her to toss those videos and make sure no on else could see them :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit