First post after a year or two of lurking on this site-Sorry for the length!

by Pattytheperfect1 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Thanks for sharing your story. It takes courage to put it out there, but it's healthier than keeping it bottled up inside. It sounds like you're in a much better place now. Look forward to your future contributions to the board.

• snowbird
    snowbird

No words, just a big (((((((Patty))))))).

Sylvia

• Buck Rogers
    Buck Rogers

Well bugger, trumped my traumatic child hood intro and I haven even written It yet, your an inspiration to is all Paddy, I'd welcome you to JWN myself if I wasnt so new myself. Your strength of character is a testament to your strength as a human being, thank you for sharing.

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

You are to be commended for having so much sense and guts at 18!! If either of those men come around you walk out. Thank you for sharing, you are going to be okay. Hugs and Kisses.

Now I feel like a fool for waiting 61yrs. Boo Hoo

• clarity
    clarity

Ok, first of all Patty we welcome you here & I hope you

can find freedom for yourself. You have been through hell,

you deserved better. Keep posting. You will find strength

to stand up for yourself and never let anyone push you into

things that you do not want! As for the uncle-dad ..........

demand that he stay away from you! Carry a baseball bat!

clarity

• clarity
    clarity

Buck Rogers... welcome to you too, sounds like you are

going to enjoy this site.

"Well bugger, trumped my traumatic child hood intro and I haven even written"

Looking forward to seeing that intro!

clarity

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Pattytheperfect1!

Congratulations on standing up and saying this is wrong - calling them out on their hypocrisy.

I believe what you are now (finally) doing will be very cathartic, empowering and healing for you:

• openly telling it like it is;
    • insisting they quit abdicating responsibility;
    • insisting they stop rationalising the consequences of their appalling actions;
    • no more voiceless victim.

They are very wrong.

You are absolutely right.

While the Watchtower does not care for scriptures in their own Bible that do not suit them, many here on JWN do:

(Proverbs 17:15) . . .Anyone pronouncing the wicked one righteous and anyone pronouncing the righteous one wicked—even both of them are something detestable to Jehovah.

Greetings

Fernando

PS - My wife's situation is very similar.

• humbled
    humbled

Patty--

Hello. What an escape story. And how messed up it is that uncle-daddy's apology should make you forget the crimes he committed against you when he should have protected you!

Insanity! Insanity!

You're making a life --but no thanks, JWs.

Welcome in.

Maeve

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Have you heard of paragraphs ?

There is no "Statute of Limitations" on childhood sex abuse.

That means it might as well have happened yesterday, so DO something

about it, and make sure you implicate the WT for making rules about not

calling the police, sue the hell out of these guys. Call a lawyer, call the police

lay charges against him and the Kingdom Hall "elders" who protected him and

the WT who wrote the policies. Turn this bastard into the police and

sue him for every dime he has. Just do it.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Pattytheperfect1, Thanks for sharing your story. It must have been hard to write. I'm sorry that you were raised by JWs and your pervert uncle. At least you have a better life with your non-JW husband than you would have had with a JW husband.

If you live in a state with no statue of limitations for statutory rape (or paedophilia), have you thought about filing a police report, so that your uncle would have to registrar as a sex offender, if he is found guilty? If it would help you release your anger, it might be worth it. Also, it might protect another child.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit